• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (#9 CFP, #5 SOR) at UNC (UNC-2.5) 12:00 noon, ABC

Bothroyd’s play…unreal. Defense kid of settling in. UNC started with 80+yards on 9 carries, 64 on last 16

it’s probably a pretty good sign i think that:
1/ hartman has been pretty off
2/ we’ve been super undisciplined with pretty dumb penalties
3/ we have been even worse tackling howell than i’ve come to expect
4/ they’ve had a few lucky plays

and we are still up by a touchdown

really hope we bust out whatever secret plays we’ve been saving for the first drive of the second half

Yeah, if in the second half:
1-Hartman dials it in
2-we clean up our play
3-start tackling
4-they're going to still make lucky/big plays

Agree with Gossett, we are sitting pretty right now if we had taken advantage of the defensive stops we got. Not getting 7 on the first possession hurts and after that first stop we punted. Man that would have blown the game open right there.

I have a feeling Clawson is gonna have these boys fired up and ready to go coming out of the locker room

I’m tense as all hell. We are in a good spot if we clean things up a little. LFG!!!

I am here in the stands and drunk as hell and MY DEACS have this so let’s fucking go!!!

Personally I don’t know how we would change the game plan? Start wrapping up instead of making arm tackles? IMO Wake is much better off forcing Howell to run the ball than to let him throw it. If we can continue to stop their passing game then we will win.

Personally I don’t know how we would change the game plan? Start wrapping up instead of making arm tackles? IMO Wake is much better off forcing Howell to run the ball than to let him throw it. If we can continue to stop their passing game then we will win.

Yeah, it's hard to say what adjustments to make except for clean it up, bow up on defense and don't beat ourselves.

Run the ball a little more. Having decent success there and keeps us ahead of the chains

62e5c74833805136cde75347c47eab46.jpg

Disagree. As long as Downs is covered there another WRs just are nowhere near as good and I think our DB play in the air is MUCH better than our front 7s tackling. They are starting to wrap him up more but he just ran for another 20+ run in the drive before half, so Howell knows he can run for days.

Mack really fucked that last drive by UNC… had three timeouts and used none of them and they had to kick a field goal. Could have run 2 maybe 3 more plays if they used their timeouts which proby means touchdown.

Also UNC defense had no idea that Hartman was going to do quick snap qb sneak on 3and 1 despite the fact that we do that all the time.

We have to get some points on this 1st drive and get back to 2 score lead. And watch for onside kick!!

You'd think that we could maybe use some of the money that comes from being in the ACC on a commercial that costs more than $5.

Back