• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Ad - Good Wears Black

I don'the remember the 90'same commercial, but makes a little more sense. I have seen other Wake promos but didn't recognize the one from the other day. PhD each hit on the main point of the question. .. it is a fund raising commercial geared to raise funds from old farts like me. I didn'the think it was effective at all.

Plus, I am somewhat surprised that no one picked up on the underlying question about the Muslim girls. Wake use to be associated with the Southern Baptist Convention, a tie that was severed sometime in the 80's or early 90's (can't recall). Again, a lot of Wake grads who would be donors were around then. And, a lot of them conservatives and Christian. Say what you want, when you are trying to raise money from such a group, it isn't necessarily a wise idea to convey such a drastic change in the student body makeup. Donors give for many reasons but often there is a fond remembrance of their days at Wake and the desire to perpetuate the experience for others. The message sent in the commercial is far off that path.

I'm not sure what being conservative and Christian has to do with anything unless you're saying that that's a valid reason for someone to not like Muslims.

I'd go so far as to say that Wake shouldn't be taking money from people who have a problem with Muslims going to school there.

Serious question, are you the bro that spams all the alums with the crazy talk about the Imam?

And odds aren't they aren't even Muslim. Looks like two girls on study abroad. Note the matching outfit.

And the fucking camel.

Is Wake's population too diverse for you now, and is not compelling you to give?

ISIS, Winston-Salem chapter is actually a popular student activity, right behind student union. It involves all 4 WS colleges actually. The Salem girls REALLY get into it!

It seems more convincing with each post. The message feels like keeper, but it's too verbose.

Not just verbose, it's coherent.

That said, it's some coherent bullshit.

Not just verbose, it's coherent.

That said, it's some coherent bullshit.

Yeah, nobody has admitted that Nathan Hatch has adopted Sharia law as the new student code of conduct

leowtf.gif

So at what age should we ban the olds from using the Internet? 70? I think it should be the same age that we take away their driving privileges .

Keep the blacks in the athletic dorms and the browns out of Winston-Salem or all hell will break loose.

Pretty sure that's two Tri Delts studying abroad in a country that requires women to wear a hijab.

I like the ad and think it's great for those that went to Wake because you only need flashes of some of the featured people because you already know Palmer, CP3, and Duncan went there. For that reason it's good for the Wake Will campaign. I think for those reasons it's less effective as a recruiting spot.

Yeah. I doubt it encourages a kid to apply.

That ad plays during all of our games including TV games against legit opponents.

Back