• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Ad - Good Wears Black

How many high school kids watch Wake sports on TV? Not as much as used to but enough that it matters.

The real question is how many high school kids watch teams that Wake plays.

And odds aren't they aren't even Muslim. Looks like two girls on study abroad. Note the matching outfit.

And the fucking camel.

Pretty sure that's two Tri Delts studying abroad in a country that requires women to wear a hijab.

I recognize one of the girls in the screen shot. She is 100% on some sort of trip abroad

Also the girls are members of Delta Sigma Theta, Which is a traditionally black sorority, which unfortunately still upsets oldmandeac. Ph on the other hand might be letting us in on what the sorority really stands for

That commercial was awful. It was like the marketing department tried to see how many images they could squeeze in to a 30 second spot.

I recognize one of the girls in the screen shot. She is 100% on some sort of trip abroad

Also the girls are members of Delta Sigma Theta, Which is a traditionally black sorority, which unfortunately still upsets oldmandeac. Ph on the other hand might be letting us in on what the sorority really stands for

WTF? Where do you come off with a comment about a traditionally black sorority upsetting me? Can any younger posters make coherent contributions to a thread without such comments or simply cussing? It makes it painful and tedious to read the boards anymore. These boards were a place for information and exchange ideas and opinions. News flash: repeated comments like F U! don'the qualify on any level. Try to read the 608 page thread on ball recruiting...it would be 50 pages at most if you removed all the juvenile banter.

WTF? Where do you come off with a comment about a traditionally black sorority upsetting me? Can any younger posters make coherent contributions to a thread without such comments or simply cussing? It makes it painful and tedious to read the boards anymore. These boards were a place for information and exchange ideas and opinions. News flash: repeated comments like F U! don'the qualify on any level. Try to read the 608 page thread on ball recruiting...it would be 50 pages at most if you removed all the juvenile banter.

You made a bigoted post with racist and anti-Muslim remarks, then respond to the blowback by claiming juvenilia?

That commercial was awful. It was like the marketing department tried to see how many images they could squeeze in to a 30 second spot.

I liked it the first and second time I saw it.
Hated it the following 10 or 15 times.

So you're cool with black people but not Muslims? Got it

I can't wait for the OWGs to find out about Dr. Oaks' promotion.

The latest Wake advertisement was in heavy rotation during the ESPN3 broadcast of the football game last night. While I typically do not like commercials with rapid fire photos, I know I did not like the main tag line before the You Will, We Will, Wake Will slogan.

GOOD WEARS BLACK

What is that suppose to mean? Wake Forest only produces good but not great graduates? Do we not wear Black and Gold?

Also, what percentage of the Wake student body is comprised of Muslim females? Given the head gear in one photo that popped up, there are two females wearing blue headdress attire. My interpretation was they were followers of Islam. What is the university trying to convey by including that photo in a 30 second commercial spot?

F.U. Your post definitely carries bigoted undertones, and they are obvious even to a male Republican WASP like me.

fuck you!

Back