• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at BC GAME THREAD - Epic fail #BuzzOut

bzz

- proud of my team, we competed, played hard, played well but didn't close it out
- got the ball to the rim in the final 90 seconds but didn't finish
- wanted to get the ball to Travis and have CJ step in
- we got the ball in the first time then they stopped it with the clock problem
- told the team I'm proud of them, we've got to let it go and focus on GT
- we did a lot of good thing, just need to close it out
- they were in a zone and we ran a ball screen play to get Travis that shot, couldn't ask for a better opportunity

Yeah, I'm with PhDeac. The ref did only count to 4 by hand signals, but it looked to be at least 5 seconds in real time. I'm not gonna place the blame on any one person because that would be unfair. I'm just sick of this nightmare. Please just go away, Buzz.

The f'ing ref who has killed us against Duke and BC is from Davie County. He screws us every time he is on the court.

The five second call was b.s. Sure it was more than five seconds. He still has to count it - and most inbounds get longer than 5 (especially when a home time keeper makes us inbounds it twice). The foul on the B.C. drive was awful, but if you want to give a team the win you call it. I had already told my son that B.C. would drive and there would be a foul call as always occurs against (but strangely never for) us.

We choked when Travis did not go up with authority on a layup and we missed a wide open three - but the refs - lead by a local guy - still screwed us.

Last edited:
Well, Travis missed 3 shots down the wire and CJ had 2 huge turnovers. Of course that is the Coach's fault.

Fucking Dino. It's his fault for leaving Bz two horrible players who happen to be responsible for almost half of the points in ACC play and scored over half the points tonight.

This is the worst argument. Travis McKie and CJ Harris have already won more in life than a pathetic loser like Jeff [Redacted] has and ever will. Never ever suggest that either of them are solely responsible for any failure Jeff [Redacted] is anywhere near. If there is anything Travis and CJ have done wrong, it is being so loyal to Mother So Dear that they stayed to tolerate his losing ways.

How in the world do you let the other team score the last 9 points of the game?????.?

If you think RW won't try to spin this loss, just go to the other board and see for yourself

WOW Bzz put everyone 50 feel away from the inbounder and have CJ inbound it.

C J is a senior. He has to have that 5 second clock in his head and get rid of the ball or call the TO. That is why you have him there inbounding it. That is NOT the coaches fault. That is your senior's fault. You have the TO in your back pocket and have to know to use it!

There's never any fire from Bz. When we lose, it's always, "Yeah, we lost, but I liked how our team fought and I'm seeing improvements." But yeah, you fucking lost, buddy! Who gives a shit about that other stuff? What a loser mentality.

[Redacted]'s face is really quite something to behold right now.

He's realizing he'll have zero road conference wins for the season.

Not sure why. He will have had zero road conference wins in 4 of his last 6 seasons. He should be quite accustomed to it by now.

The Bzzlovers who say this can't be on Bz would be praising Bz's amazing coaching if we had pulled that out. Hilarious to see the "go to" response to throw our leading scorer under the bus and absolve the million dollar coach of guilt.

6.0 seconds on my stopwatch. The ref had a slow count and he held up 5 fingers as his 5th count.

Exactly. Yes, video shows him waving four times. But it was definitely at least five seconds once CJ got the ball. Having said that, it's kind of like palming, it's has to be blatant to have it called.

Last edited:
C J is a senior. He has to have that 5 second clock in his head and get rid of the ball or call the TO. That is why you have him there inbounding it. That is NOT the coaches fault. That is your senior's fault. You have the TO in your back pocket and have to know to use it!

I hate to say it but I agree with Reff.

That's why you have your best FT shooter inbounding the ball in a situation where they're trying to foul? We got lucky the clock stopped and Bz made the wrong call on the inbounder. No doubt CJ has to get that in or call the timeout, but he shouldn't have been in that situation.

Lose-lose tonight. We lose the game, and Wellman will hang this one on the refs. Puke.

Yeah, I'm with PhDeac. The ref did only count to 4 by hand signals, but it looked to be at least 5 seconds in real time. I'm not gonna place the blame on any one person because that would be unfair. I'm just sick of this nightmare. Please just go away, Buzz.

Whats the point of extending your hand to count if you're just counting in your head. when he held up his five fingers to signal five secs, cj had already signaled time. maybe the poster is correct who said you cant call time at four secs, but i dont think so.

and bz has to know the rules on the clock malfunction. how long has he been in coaching? then again so should our assistants frankly.

i fear wellman will look at a game like this and put it in the win column in his head, because we came so close. so bz gets credit for improvement while we still get the L. miserable.

Back