• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2015

Odom and Greer are the least of Wellman's sins, if they could even be called sins. Odom couldn't recruit and was constantly whining about LOWF. Give another coach Chill and Timmy and they'd have done the same or better.

Odom couldn't recruit????? He got Duncan & Chill, plus Rodney Rogers, Josh Howard, Trelonnie Owen. He got the best class in Wake Forest history [Childress, Rogers, Owen & Blucas]. He got Songalia. Robert O'Kelly, Craig Dawson, Levy, Danilieus, Downey, Peral, Sean Allen, Banks. After his 1st season he never finished in the lower half the conference Loh. Can the same be said for Prosser who finished 12th in 2006 & 11th in 2007? Geez, GDO deserves some credit.

Odom did more with less talent (compared to the elite programs) because he could evaluate talent and then "coach".

So, anyone know the score from tonight's game w/Duke?

Duke 7 Deacs 0

State 3 Louisville 2
Clemson 7 FSU 0
Miami 22 GT 1
ND 5 BC 2 BC 6 ND 5 [10]
UVa 6 UNC 5
Pitt 7 VT 0

Last edited:
I went to the WF at Duke game tonight. Duke won 7-0. We had some scoring chances in each of the first 3 innings, but couldn't convert. In the third, Will Craig flied out to deep right center on a great catch by the Duke CF who then turned it in to a double play by doubling off Mondou at first base. Duke then scored 5 in their half of the 3rd to knock out Craig and increase their lead to 6-0.

Our bullpen did a good job: Connor Johnstone 1 run in 4 IP, and Joe Napolitano and Chris Farish pitched a scoreless inning each.

Justin Yurchak went 3-4 with a double. Joey Rodriguez and Ben Breazeale each had a double.

The ACC standings going into the final day tomorrow.

1. Louisville 24-5
2. Miami 21-8
3. FSU 17-12
4. ND 17-13
5. NCSU 15-13 (beat Clemson 2 out of 3)
6. Clemson 15-13

7. Virginia 14-15
8. UNC 13-15
9. GT 13-16
10. VT 12-16

11. WF 12-17
12. BC 10-19
13. Duke 9-19
14. Pitt 9-20

We must beat Duke tomorrow to have a chance to get to 10th and qualify for the ACCT. We also need at least one of the following to happen:
1. Pitt beat VT again. or 2. Miami beat GT again. (If we win and both 1 and 2 happen, we would actually finish 9th since we would own the tiebreaker against GT).

It's less than a 2 hour drive from W-S and it's supposed to be a beautiful day. I'm sure that the team would like to have more Deacon fan support in the stands. If you can, come on down. Tickets are only 10 bucks.

Thanks for a thorough analysis of our now final chances.
It seems like we stepped in quicksand several weeks back and our trying to get out has been as slowly sinking process.

Team seems to have disintegrated before our very eyes. Meteoric fall...

Wouldn't say the fall gas been meteoric, to be honest I'm surprised they have 12 conference wins given the fact that they probably have 2, maybe 3, legitimate arms on their staff. Maybe more disappointing is how the bats have disappeared in the final month. Craig and Mondou have limped to the finish after being red hot all year. Neither has homered in a while. Now I doubt they get much to hit but their slumps ( a relative term for them) came at the wrong time. The base running also is below average.

The base running was great early in the year. What the hell happened?

Wake's season ends with an 8-1 loss to Duke. Very similar to last night's game. I think we left 14 runners on base. The only inning we didn't have a baserunner was the 9th. I know the only run we scored occured by a single and 3 walks. No clutch hitting at all the last 2 games. We may have been a great offensive club at the beginning of the season, but we sure as hell weren't at the end.

I can accept losing to Duke in b-ball but not football and now baseball.....

DAMN!

We lost two must win games vs. Duke 7-0 and 8-1.

Out of habit, I check this board a couple of times a day. Why do I bother? When did the last positive thing happen? What good news am I going to find by coming over here?

Making the tourney would have been better than not, but not much else. No way could we make a run out of a qualifying game with our pitching staff.

2nd year in a row that we started pretty good against a tougher part of our schedule, and then fell apart against the easy part.

Out of habit, I check this board a couple of times a day. Why do I bother? When did the last positive thing happen? What good news am I going to find by coming over here?

I'm with you, but I keep checking for the news that Wellman has retired. That's all I hold out hope for anymore. That and any positive developments in football, since Clawson is the only coach I trust to transcend the culture of losing.

Back