• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

Louisville advances. See y'all in the winners bracket in Omaha :umkc:

As it turned out we were clutch at everything except base running. Glad that didn't hurt us in the end. Relief pitching was strong and we finally hit for power...finally in the regional.

Peluse was outstanding for 3+ innings. Could be our Friday starter next year.

wow what a clutch hit from busby to keep the noles alive for the time being after blowing a 2 run lead in the ninth. now tied at 7

Edit the initial post, then go to advanced edit. On that page, you should be able to edit the title.

Or just click on the thread title like you would click on a file name on your computer.

So much baseball today - fitting that the FSU game goes to extra innings. 3 or 4 more feet and Busby's triple would have been a HR, game over. Center field at Dick Howser is deep.

Wow, HBP with bases loaded to bring in the winning run for the Noles in the bottom on the 10th. This was one of the best baseball days ever for me: Wake wins a regional, Carolina loses a regional as a host to Davidson, Florida State wins 2 elimination games to force a deciding game tomorrow, Florida loses to Bethune-Cookman to force another game tomorrow, Braves win (a meaningless game), and Astros win for 10 in a row.

Missed the game. Deacs won. I guess you folks did your part as well. Glad to see the Deacon bats break out early and let WVU know their only option was defeat. Post season success is OK. Let's get more next weekend.

I like the new thread title.

fsu wins on walk off HBP on an 0-2 count. the one thing you can't do there

Turned it on just in time to see that. Amazing.

ETA: Just watched the replay of the bottom of the ninth in the Davidson-goat game. Here's my take on the play at the plate.

The goat would have easily been safe, but he missed home (evidenced by his immediate attempt to scramble back) with the most important run of their entire season. He was humiliated, and rightly so. Therefore, he took it out on Blue. Typical. Very typical.

Last edited:
Games of note today:

3pm UVA vs. Dallas Baptist (Elimination) in Ft. Worth
4pm Florida vs. Bethune-Cookman (Championship) in Gainesville
4pm Clemson vs. Vanderbilt (Championship) in Clemson
7pm FSU vs. Auburn (Championship) in Tallahassee
7pm Kentucky vs. NC State (Championship) in Lexington

Again per Boyd's world isr ratings Davidson had a 0.0% chance of winning their Regional. And they won it without a loss

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I'm sure it's been covered, but I saw the paddle come out in the pile and just read that it's a Boys in the Boat reference from offseason team reading. That's probably the most Wake Forest thing ever.

What a great weekend and awesome play by a fun-as-hell team.

It really is.

Games of note today:

3pm UVA vs. Dallas Baptist (Elimination) in Ft. Worth
4pm Florida vs. Bethune-Cookman (Championship) in Gainesville
4pm Clemson vs. Vanderbilt (Championship) in Clemson
7pm FSU vs. Auburn (Championship) in Tallahassee
7pm Kentucky vs. NC State (Championship) in Lexington

Thanks. That's quite a lineup. I better get some sleep before I decide which games are most attractive to me.

So if Florida wins today they will host the SR. Is the format of the super Regional the same as the Regionals? (4 teams double elimination etc) or is it different). Also what teams will be in our SR assuming Florida wins? Thanks.

Back