• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

So if Florida wins today they will host the SR. Is the format of the super Regional the same as the Regionals? (4 teams double elimination etc) or is it different). Also what teams will be in our SR assuming Florida wins? Thanks.

It's 2 teams playing a best of 3 series. The winner goes to Omaha.

Where is the Super Regional if Bethune-Cookman wins today ?

Is Davidson's run in the regional's the greatest "upset" in college baseball history?

Is Davidson's run in the regional's the greatest "upset" in college baseball history?

It has to be right up there I would think. UNC was the #2 seed nationally and Davidson beats them twice along with beating a good FGCU team as well. I would've loved to have seen all the UNC fan's faces as Davidson got the last out in the ninth last night.

It has to be right up there I would think. UNC was the #2 seed nationally and Davidson beats them twice along with beating a good FGCU team as well. I would've loved to have seen all the UNC fan's faces as Davidson got the last out in the ninth last night.

These were the thoughts floating around in my head as I drifted off to sleep last night. Pure bliss

Where is the Super Regional if Bethune-Cookman wins today ?

Wonder what would happen if Belmont University ever advanced to host a super regional the same weekend as the Belmont Stakes? Postpone the ponies until Monday morning?

In 2008, Fresno State won the title as a 4 seed in the first weekend. They were in LBSU's subregion, beat the overall 3 seed Arizona State in the Super Regionals, the overall 5th seed Rice in the first game of the CWS, took two of three from overall 2nd seed UNC, and then two of three from 8th overall seed Georgia.

That's tough to top.

Entering this weekend Davidson was 0-3 this year against top 25 teams in Sagarin and RPI (two losses to Wake and one loss to UNC). They went 2-0 this weekend.

Wake beat them a combined 25-11 in two games.

In 2008, Fresno State won the title as a 4 seed in the first weekend. They were in LBSU's subregion, beat the overall 3 seed Arizona State in the Super Regionals, the overall 5th seed Rice in the first game of the CWS, took two of three from overall 2nd seed UNC, and then two of three from 8th overall seed Georgia.

That's tough to top.

Counter to that argument is that Fresno had been to the CWS before and was a regular in the NCAA tournament. Pretty sure this year was Davidson's first ever win in the NCAAs - then toss in that the private school / 3 scholarships angle and it's a tougher argument. Of course - we're not exactly the best crowd to ask for balanced objectivity when it comes to upsets involving the Goats....

Back