• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

They put up the ballpark measurements of both home teams when we were playing West Virginia I think... Left was shorter but not absurdly shorter, center was a little deeper and right was basically the same. Are the distances really that big of an outlier or was that just a comparison of two really small ballparks?

what a complete hatchet job. It's like they hired the Florida coach about his own team and then obviously trotted out a beaten coach for our preview.

what a complete hatchet job. It's like they hired the Florida coach about his own team and then obviously trotted out a beaten coach for our preview.

How does the jackass GT coach explain the whiffleball HR in Louisville that sent them packing?

Wake played 31 games in WS and hit 56 HRs (1.81 per game) and played 29 road games and hit 44 HRs (1.52 per game) Wake scored 199 or 482 (42% of total) based on HRs. So Wake had a 19% increase of 42% of their total runs, which would be about an 8% bump in production for home park benefit. I think that is reasonable as a maximum influence. Certainly not all of those extra HRs would have been caught. I think that percentage would be higher than inside the park hits that a smaller park would cause that would be outs.

Wow, I just learned that to see live ESPN/ESPN2 games on WatchESPN you must have a "video subscription" from your cable provider. If I had a freaking cable subscription I wouldn't be using WatchESPN on Roku, now would I? Most moronic thing I've ever seen.

Sling tv? How are you watching regular watch espn stuff?

Wake played 31 games in WS and hit 56 HRs (1.81 per game) and played 29 road games and hit 44 HRs (1.52 per game) Wake scored 199 or 482 (42% of total) based on HRs. So Wake had a 19% increase of 42% of their total runs, which would be about an 8% bump in production for home park benefit. I think that is reasonable as a maximum influence. Certainly not all of those extra HRs would have been caught. I think that percentage would be higher than inside the park hits that a smaller park would cause that would be outs.

Did you run these numbers on your own or find them somewhere? I spent a while trying to track down splits before doing it myself and came up with 57/43 (so close enough) - was just curious about if I did all that work for nothing.

Also Wake played a considerably easier schedule at home (more home games against worse OOC teams compared to road/neutral and easier ACC schedule at home by far) which likely contributed further to home run totals in addition to the park.

I think Wake's park plays a role in the offensive numbers but it's nowhere close to as big a role as this coach thinks.

Sling tv? How are you watching regular watch espn stuff?

That's about the only option but it's still $20/month for a bundle of channels that aren't worth it (my opin). I get ESPN3 stuff through Roku (or Windows browser), and they have ESPN/ESPN2 live events listed there, but selecting them gives you a "no subscription" message. I guess I may have to mull over the Sling thing for short term if I want to see our games. A bigger issue in the Fall.

Wow, I just learned that to see live ESPN/ESPN2 games on WatchESPN you must have a "video subscription" from your cable provider. If I had a freaking cable subscription I wouldn't be using WatchESPN on Roku, now would I? Most moronic thing I've ever seen.

I have cable but use WatchESPN on my phone when I'm at the golf course, at work on computer, on my tablet, and on my laptop.

I didn't think you could get access to anything without an espn subscription.

That's about the only option but it's still $20/month for a bundle of channels that aren't worth it (my opin). I get ESPN3 stuff through Roku (or Windows browser), and they have ESPN/ESPN2 live events listed there, but selecting them gives you a "no subscription" message. I guess I may have to mull over the Sling thing for short term if I want to see our games. A bigger issue in the Fall.

You cheap bastard. The rest of us are tired of paying for overpriced $200/month DirecTV subscriptions to support non-corded folks like you. ;)

Word in Columbia is that Ray Tanner is paying very very close to this super regional as Kevin O'Sullivan is perhaps his number one guy with Tom Walter a strong next tier candidate.

You could get a free trial for sling or directv now to get you through the weekend.

Double up on sling from Sept through March w sports extra. 45 a month gives you everything.

Back