• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2020

No worries. I hope I didn't come off as a jerk. I am still sore about last weekend. Just glad I didn't make the trip from Santa Rosa to watch it in person.

LBSU is a very good team. As someone said, they just beat #6 MSU.

It’s tough for a team like Wake to travel out West and have the same winning mentality. I know there was some free time for them to go our and do stuff, like seeing family. I feel like it would’ve been a much better weekend if it was a home series. Tired of playing in California early into the baseball season. It’s a complete trap. The team came back home and got some much needed wins against inferior opponents. Tom Walter is a man of his word They were able to get a lot of young guys some playing time, and found out that Cecere can make a real impact this season. We fans may have had a little bit of an overreaction, because it’s still early.

My biggest issue last weekend was the number of strikeouts. I don't mind getting out if you hit the ball hard but it goes right to a guy; that happens. But that offensive performance was embarrassing last week.

LBSU is a very good team. As someone said, they just beat #6 MSU.

It’s tough for a team like Wake to travel out West and have the same winning mentality. I know there was some free time for them to go our and do stuff, like seeing family. I feel like it would’ve been a much better weekend if it was a home series. Tired of playing in California early into the baseball season. It’s a complete trap. The team came back home and got some much needed wins against inferior opponents. Tom Walter is a man of his word They were able to get a lot of young guys some playing time, and found out that Cecere can make a real impact this season. We fans may have had a little bit of an overreaction, because it’s still early.

Probably will need a reminder, but whenever I sit down with Walt after the season, somebody please remind me to ask him about nixing the west coast trips. They're historically #NotGoodDino.

And here's a shameless plug to this week's season about not panicking after the Wed. night loss to App (though, beating up on La Salle, Brown and the hospital from Scrubs isn't an arrival, per se).

It is kind of weird that non-revenue sports would play a regular season game/series on the opposite coast.

Unless you like playing baseball in the 40's.

I imagine that’s the only reason. Going out for some good weather. It was nippy yesterday. I think it was in the 40s, but there was wind. Not fun playing baseball in that type of weather. Today was great. Sunny, in the high 50s. That’s not too bad for baseball. 40s and windy is pretty rough.

Diamond Deacs play Sacred Heart again tomorrow, and then the schedule gets serious:

- March 6-8 -- 3 game home series against #7 L'ville
- March 11 -- @ Coastal Carolina (7-3 on the season)
- March 13-15 -- 3 game home series against #23 Clemson (Clemson is 9-2 and just took a 3 games series @ S. Carolina)
- March 17 -- Charlotte at BB&T Ballpark in CLT (49ers are 8-4 on the season)
- March 20-22 -- 3 game series at #15 NC State (the Pack are currently 11-0)

Should have a good idea about where the season is going after the next 3 weeks.

Why is this CF camera from like 1985? All the rest are fine.

Why is this CF camera from like 1985? All the rest are fine.

Since it’s farther away, it has to zoom in, so the quality isn’t as good.

Deacs are crushing the baseball today 1-9. Crum and Poteet both with HR’s which is good to see. Really the guys struggling the most are Seymour and Lanzili, which is weird. It looks like Cecere may be human. It’s easy to see he’s going to be a helluva ball player for Wake the next couple of years.

We win it 9 - 0. Sacred Heart gets one hit on a ball Lanzili nearly caught. A well-played game.

We win it 9 - 0. Sacred Heart gets one hit on a ball Lanzili nearly caught. A well-played game.

Very well played. A great rebound for the team. Guys found a lot of confidence from this little tournament, granted, against inferior opponents. It was good to see guys get their swings back heading into Louisville.

Deacs return home and win 5 of 6 games they were expected to win. That is an absolute must to make the post season.

Still early. Obviously, need to get some momentum and wins to get their confidence back before conference play. Maybe have a nice little 5-0 run before facing Louisville.

Humble brag time. Just wish I could get all of our Wake teams on a roll. For giggles, we take the Louisville series and the winning continues.

Back