• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Did anyone read AD Currie's recent review of our Spring sports programs? Many are doing very well and he was highlighting the results. I don't recall a mention of baseball at all. Does such absence speak loudly?

Been watching Hartle pitch since he was 8, so very cool to see him projected so high.

Yes, what terrible unworthy people these coaches are. Thank goodness that we have these anonymous internet critics that have such superior knowledge and actively root for their school to fail. Heart warming
Lol. I remember when there were people like this at the end of the [Redacted] and Manning errors. Defending the coaches as "great people", taking frustrated message board posts SUPER SERIOUSLY, and virtue signaling their fan superiority.

Currie probably didn't mention baseball simply because they have a losing record....

Deacs are close to needing to win out to make the NCAAT

Bottom 1 at Clemson, we give up a run on a double, WP, runner steals home.

Fundamentals, man

Ludowig benched

(Maybe before tonight but just noticed it)

Game was tied 2-2 B7. Cusick gets 1st batter but allows 2 singles, so Furtado in. Gets 2-2 count, batter starts fouling off pitches until.....he gets a single. Look how the summary played out...

MEREDITH singled to right field, RBI, advanced to second on the throw; HALL advanced to third, scored on a throwing error by rf, unearned;

4-2 Clemson

Clemson run 4 would have been and out at home if the tag was put on the reaching arm for the plate. Going for a body tag resulted in just enough delay to score the run by late tag. A lot of little thing we don't do crispy.

Clemson run 4 would have been and out at home if the tag was put on the reaching arm for the plate. Going for a body tag resulted in just enough delay to score the run by late tag. A lot of little thing we don't do crispy.

perfect example here of walters idiotic managing. guy gets the first out yet he takes him out to play the right on right matchup. might work out but like he thinks he's got big time big league arms coming out of the pen who know how to pitch. better off just playing the hot as opposed to matchups as his pitchers are erratic AF and lack control.

on cue , two straight doubles and these fucking losers are gonna lose anothaaaaaaa one (DJ Khaleed voice)

perfect example here of walters idiotic managing. guy gets the first out yet he takes him out to play the right on right matchup. might work out but like he thinks he's got big time big league arms coming out of the pen who know how to pitch. better off just playing the hot as opposed to matchups as his pitchers are erratic AF and lack control.

Did you see Ryan Cusick throw his glove in the dugout after he was taken out? He definitely was not happy! I think they should have left in for the entire 7th. He seemed to still have plenty of juice left.

Did you see Ryan Cusick throw his glove in the dugout after he was taken out? He definitely was not happy! I think they should have left in for the entire 7th. He seemed to still have plenty of juice left.

yeah i mean his pitch count was getting high and they suck so i can see making sure you protect the kid in that situation. Cusick is a bullpen arm for me in the draft, no way i see him in a big league rotation. delivery plays like a bullpen guy

We scored two runs on 5 clemson free bases in an inning.

No way Walter lasts. This is embarrassing and the talent is there.

Noticed East Carolina and Charlotte are in the top 25. Would hope Currie goes after one of those coaches. Charlotte coach was born in Winston.

Some pretty good potential coaching names mentioned on this thread. I certainly hope Currie is working on a short-list.

This current regime should be done. Just embarrassing.

What every other ACC team says when they see Wake on the schedule: "It's fun to play Wake Forest."

Ludowig benched

(Maybe before tonight but just noticed it)
I noticed he has not been in the lineup. I believe there was a game recently where he either didn’t run out a squib in front of the plate, thought it was foul, or potentially hurt something on his weak attempt to get to first. Or maybe, to be fair, he pulled something first and couldn’t leg it out. Regardless, looks like his playing days at Wake are done.

Yes, a Duke game. I mentioned that play in a post. It didn't look like he pulled anything because he did stop abruptly and start favoring one leg. From appearance, it looked like he thought it was a foul because he began to run again, but it was too late. (The thrower had bobbled and dropped the ball, IIRC, but was still able to get him because he had slowed down)

Back