• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Ludowig back. In the 7th draws a 3-2 walk. Great. Tying run on. Opps....wait a minute. 2 pitches later hes picked off. If that is not another example of "creative recipies to lose", I don't know what is.
Since the FSU and Louisville anomalies, we generally can't hit ACC pitching. When it gets to relief time, it seems to be batting practice when our pitchers come in, whereas we can't touch relievers and closers.

So, Minacci comes in for a well-pitching Lowder, B7. Immediately gives up a single and walks next batter on 4 balls straight. (Tinsman able to pick off runner attempting to steal 2nd). In comes Oxford. Gets 1 out, then 4 straight balls for another walk. Oxford able to get a strikeout on 3-2 count. But as you see, living dangerous, especially when we can't get a hit off their relievers. We strand runners on 1st and 3rd in T8. Their 2nd reliever comes in and gets the 3rd out.

If we don't blow out Clemson they usually find a way to win the under-7-run games by 1 run or 2.

Last edited:
And Furtado in for McNamee and the loss. Gives up HR with 2 outs and runner on 1st. C'est La Vie Wake baseball....

So a tie game in the bottom of the ninth might be a good time to bring in our closer whose has only given up one earned run in his last 10 appearances and has not pitched literally at all.

Walter should really write a book on "Creative Losing: 101 Ways to Lose a Baseball Game".

Here are some built-in excuses for Walter for his thoughts on this weekend's debacle at Clemson, but he probably doesn't need my help:

Two of our potential weekend starters got hurt so we had to throw a freshman into a role he's not ready for.....

We can't complete in recruiting because Wake is so expensive and so academically challenging...

We have a bunch of guys in our lineup who are pressing because it's their draft year.....

We never really were able to bounce back after the COVID issues we had earlier in the season...

It really hurt us when Tinsman went down in the preseason with a broken hamate bone and then COVID, that put too much pressure on Muntz to have to catch every day....

It's a lot of pressure when you're ranked so high in the preseason, and have several preseason all-Americans, it's like there's a target on our backs, it makes it tough on everyone....

We just got the new turf installed last season and didn't get to play a whole season on it so our guys are still getting used to it and as a result they are going to make errors.....

Turconi sucks so badly at shortstop because he hurt his shoulder in a rundown drill in practice right before the start of the season and he has never been able to get 100 percent back to full strength...

Here are some built-in excuses for Walter for his thoughts on this weekend's debacle at Clemson, but he probably doesn't need my help:

Two of our potential weekend starters got hurt so we had to throw a freshman into a role he's not ready for.....

We can't complete in recruiting because Wake is so expensive and so academically challenging...

We have a bunch of guys in our lineup who are pressing because it's their draft year.....

We never really were able to bounce back after the COVID issues we had earlier in the season...

It really hurt us when Tinsman went down in the preseason with a broken hamate bone and then COVID, that put too much pressure on Muntz to have to catch every day....

It's a lot of pressure when you're ranked so high in the preseason, and have several preseason all-Americans, it's like there's a target on our backs, it makes it tough on everyone....

We just got the new turf installed last season and didn't get to play a whole season on it so our guys are still getting used to it and as a result they are going to make errors.....

Turconi sucks so badly at shortstop because he hurt his shoulder in a rundown drill in practice right before the start of the season and he has never been able to get 100 percent back to full strength...

eagerly looking forward to hearing his postgame media talk after an expected game three slaughter. wouldn't be surprised if the o'neill guy asked him what color the sky was tho...

you forgot the selfish at bat excuse...NC state will kick their ass next weekend too. I just hope they miss acc tournament and are the worst record in whole ACC. Unfortunately i think the kidney got him lifetime coaching and he'll never be fired smh

Honestly the decision not to put in Adler in the 9th when hes gotten almost no work is one of the most bizarre coaching decisions I could ever imagine

Honestly the decision not to put in Adler in the 9th when hes gotten almost no work is one of the most bizarre coaching decisions I could ever imagine

i could see it coming, soft tossing lefty gives up moonshot to right handed batter over short porch in left.

eagerly looking forward to hearing his postgame media talk after an expected game three slaughter. wouldn't be surprised if the o'neill guy asked him what color the sky was tho...
Friday’s postgame was a shade under 5 minutes I believe. There is nothing left to ask or talk about that hasn’t been discussed ad nauseum. He says the same things, gave away runs early, missed some opportunities, he was 50/50 on this pitching decision, guys pressing, have to play better, more urgency, blah blah blah. It’s like talking at a funeral, nobody knows what to ask or say.

Friday’s postgame was a shade under 5 minutes I believe. There is nothing left to ask or talk about that hasn’t been discussed ad nauseum. He says the same things, gave away runs early, missed some opportunities, he was 50/50 on this pitching decision, guys pressing, have to play better, more urgency, blah blah blah. It’s like talking at a funeral, nobody knows what to ask or say.

ill personally venmo o'neill if he asks walter if he feels his job is on the line. name your price o'neill, ill donate it to his bullshit get in the game shit

why isn't adler in the rotation? looks way better than the long haired kid

why does muntz ever catch, tinsman not exactly yadier molina but is a gold glover compared to muntz

Season over. Will take a miracle to make the ACC Tournament. 2-1/2 games back of Duke for 12th in the league.

Swept by a down year Clemson team...sad day for Wake baseball...but predicted early this season by several of us who have watched Walter's entire career...

Back