• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Being reported that 16 players on the Pack roster are not vaccinated.

The Pack lost 4 of their starting position players. As a result, they are starting:

- at second base a player who has 12 ABS and 2 hits on the season;
- at 1st base, a pitcher, who has not batted this season (but, singled in his first at bat against future MLB first round pick Kumar Rocker)
- at DH, a kid who is 0 for 5 on the season
- at 3B, a freshman who is 1 for 10 on the season.

Also, the Pack starting pitcher hasn't started a game all season, and has pitched once since May 28 (4 weeks). Somehow, the game is tied in the 4th.

Last edited:
Man you gotta hand it to the Pack that was some heroic shit from the kids still there considering the circumstances…

The ones that didn’t get vaxxed OTOH, i mean wtf….?

Someone was kicked off the team today. My guess is violated team and NCAA guidelines and was out somewhere where he contacted Covid.

But to play Vandy to a 3-1 loss with all that's gone on, kudos to them.

State players who played today should hold their heads high. And they should be fucking pissed at their stupid ass teammates who made selfish decisions.

NCAA has to be the shittiest organization on the planet. Their organizational procedures are like pre-school. They can become non important soon enough.

Coach referring “political” questions about the vaccine to the team doctor is why it’s so fun to pull against State

Coach referring “political” questions about the vaccine to the team doctor is why it’s so fun to pull against State

My job is to teach them baseball," said NC State coach Elliott Avent after Friday's game, "make sure they get an education and keep them on the right track forward. But I don’t try to indoctrinate my kids with my values or my opinions. ... These are young men that can make their own decisions, and that’s what they did."

Ho boy.

:rolleyes:

Not that odd for guys in that age group to be turning down the vaccine. More and more documentation of Myocaditis in males of that age group. Survival of Covid is over 99.9% for said group. Why take any risk for heart damage?

Oh, geez. Because you are more likely to get myocarditis from COVID than the vaccine. Rubes are in love with saying 99.9%

Oh, geez. Because you are more likely to get myocarditis from COVID than the vaccine. Rubes are in love with saying 99.9%

Do you really believe flu cases went from 38 million during the 2019-2020 season to just 2,000 in 2022-2021? Or course that was just because of mask wearing. It’s funny people care so much about ‘only idiots turn down the vaccine’ but have no care at all that the virus was manufactured in a lab and spread from there with many in the government and health organizations covering it up. The vaccines are still experimental vaccines with no one have any idea to long term effects. Those players have the right to get a vaccine or choose not to without being ‘fools’. People still contract the virus after being fully vaccinated.

NCAA declared today’s game a no contest at 2 AM. Vanderbilt automatically advances.

That’s horseshit.

Back