• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

What is wrong?

There are COVID threads on the pit and tunnels where a lot of this has been discussed so I’m not going to go on and on about it here.

What’s right in you post are two things. We don’t know for sure truly long-term effects of COVID vaccines and one can still contract the virus after being vaccinated.

Of course, the truth is that there’s good evidence the approved vaccines are safe and effective and it’s very unlikely that will change going forward.

And to the second point, there’s good evidence that any contracting of the virus once fully vaccinated is less likely to result in serious illness or death compared to being unvaccinated. That’s part of the safe and effective calculation.

Wake Baseball 2021 | oh no we suck again!

Reasonable to speculate at this point they’ve had some tests come back positive.

If so, that’s a shame. Especially if many were not vaccinated.

I hope Wake strongly encourages or even insists that if you want to play on a team sport you must be vaccinated. Pretty sure they are since they’re requiring students generally to be vaccinated.

Wake is requiring proof of vaccination for fall classes.

ETA: I should have finished reading your post.

…most likely the decisions were based on different/developing data.

Additional/new data, new decision. Presumably.

They let them play yesterday but now today it’s too unsafe to play?

My guess would be something about pitching staffs. If they don’t have enough pitchers to play then the remaining players are at higher injury risk.

This guy sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders. Vaccines are politics!

Avent rolled his eyes when asked if he's been vaccinated.

“If you want to talk baseball, we can talk baseball,” he said. “If you want to talk politics or stuff like that, you can go talk to my head of sports medicine, Rob Murphy.”

State got screwed to make a political statement about the need to get vaccines. I’d bet roy cooper rubbed one out to the news this morning. To be clear the players were at more risk of injury in the bus to and from the stadium. This has zero to do with public safety. And let’s keep in mind the stadium holds 22k and doesnt check vaccination status of fans.

Last edited:
From what i've seen on twitter, and I have no clue if it is 100% accurate is that yesterday 2 non-vaccinated players tested positive, so everyone else who weren't vaccinated were out due to quarantine protocols. Then the entire team both vac'd and non-vac'd were tested again and 4 vaccinated players came back with positive tests, resulting in them not having enough players to play today.

It is their fault that the entire team wasn't vaccinated to begin with, but the NCAA kinda broke their own protocols too by requiring the entire team to be tested again, as the prior rules were vaccinated players didn't require a test unless they were showing signs of illness.

Plus for the fans at the games there is nothing requiring proof of vaccination or negative tests to watch, and the place is packed with no mask wearing, so none of the rules really make that much sense anymore.

State got screwed to make a political statement about the need to get vaccines. I’d bet roy cooper rubbed one out to the news this morning. To be clear the players were at more risk of injury in the bus to and from the stadium. This has zero to do with public safety. And let’s keep in mind the stadium holds 22k and doesnt check vaccination status of fans.

Agree

The public has been lied to a lot throughout the pandemic, now proven by Fauci's emails. It was also known that Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquin were valid treatments but its use was suppressed. Big Tech has been complicit, as well. YouTube censored the M.D. in this video who is warning of possible long-term effects of the vaccine. He happens to be the inventor of mRNA method of vaccination.

https://rumble.com/vijpp5-how-to-sa...ps...covid-19-perspectives-from-an-exper.html

What a mess. Why did the ncaa break their own protocols? However it turns out maybe it was good they did, so the protocols need to be reassessed.

I wonder if any vandy players are considered close contacts.

Agree

The public has been lied to a lot throughout the pandemic, now proven by Fauci's emails. It was also known that Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquin were valid treatments but its use was suppressed. Big Tech has been complicit, as well. YouTube censored the M.D. in this video who is warning of possible long-term effects of the vaccine. He happens to be the inventor of mRNA method of vaccination.

https://rumble.com/vijpp5-how-to-sa...ps...covid-19-perspectives-from-an-exper.html

good shit. keep it coming.

Forfeiting the College Baseball World Series to own the Libs! But Fauci's emails!

Zero sympathy for these idiots. I'm sure the leadership at NC State will revel in their victimhood as their kids watch the series from home. Well done.

Correct. There will be very little introspection. Just blame of the ncaa and society. I’ve already seen mention of an “asterisk championship.”

However it is true that the ncaa should test all players on the other three teams to remain consistent. With more cases this World Series could be over quite soon.

NC State players could sit in the stands today, unvaxed, no masks.

Correct. There will be very little introspection. Just blame of the ncaa and society. I’ve already seen mention of an “asterisk championship.”

However it is true that the ncaa should test all players on the other three teams to remain consistent. With more cases this World Series could be over quite soon.

Correct. You think all the TX and MSU players are faxed? Doubt it

Agree

Lot of Bullshit in the quoted.

Back