• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

Agree

The public has been lied to a lot throughout the pandemic, now proven by Fauci's emails. It was also known that Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquin were valid treatments but its use was suppressed. Big Tech has been complicit, as well. YouTube censored the M.D. in this video who is warning of possible long-term effects of the vaccine. He happens to be the inventor of mRNA method of vaccination.

https://rumble.com/vijpp5-how-to-sa...ps...covid-19-perspectives-from-an-exper.html

You should do your own research.

Oh, geez. Because you are more likely to get myocarditis from COVID than the vaccine. Rubes are in love with saying 99.9%

Have you not been reading news the last 2 weeks? Almost every outlet (not just Fox) have had reports that there is clearly increased numbers of heart inflammation in young folks and CDC along with companies are trying to understand why it is happening in young folks when didn’t happen with adults (at least not in relative %). Now I will say most concern is focused on under 16, but to state kids should just get vaccinated is ignoring science at this current time.

Have you not been reading news the last 2 weeks? Almost every outlet (not just Fox) have had reports that there is clearly increased numbers of heart inflammation in young folks and CDC along with companies are trying to understand why it is happening in young folks when didn’t happen with adults (at least not in relative %). Now I will say most concern is focused on under 16, but to state kids should just get vaccinated is ignoring science at this current time.

Go search COVID teen heart inflammation on YouTube and you have a plethora of reports from abc, cbs, today, Gottlieb, etc. over last month. Sorry but I go with science and right now risk of vaccine seems just as much as COVID for teens.

If the NCAA truly cared about health and safety, then these games would be held with no fans. As it stands, the NCAA just looks like money-grubbing hypocrites.

NCSU leadership failure, sounds like.

Major leadership failure. What was their sports medicine team thinking? This is a quote from their head coach on Monday (6/21/21): "Coach Hart's been sick for probably five or six days. J.T. Jarrett caught the bug a couple days ago. This bug seems to be going around. Cameron Cotter. I've got it a little bit. This bug seems to be floating around."

How did their sports medicine team not realize this was COVID? We are in a pandemic - in the US alone, there are 10,000 new cases of COVID daily and 300 deaths - how did no one realize that their team had a COVID outbreak on Monday (or sooner)?

Major leadership failure. What was their sports medicine team thinking? This is a quote from their head coach on Monday (6/21/21): "Coach Hart's been sick for probably five or six days. J.T. Jarrett caught the bug a couple days ago. This bug seems to be going around. Cameron Cotter. I've got it a little bit. This bug seems to be floating around."

How did their sports medicine team not realize this was COVID? We are in a pandemic - in the US alone, there are 10,000 new cases of COVID daily and 300 deaths - how did no one realize that their team had a COVID outbreak on Monday (or sooner)?

Now that does reek of rubes. Unbelievable. Would be easy to blame the rogue player, but clearly they weren’t following protocols nor testing, etc. Avent has got to feel like a buffoon and really let the players down on this one.

Go search COVID teen heart inflammation on YouTube and you have a plethora of reports from abc, cbs, today, Gottlieb, etc. over last month. Sorry but I go with science and right now risk of vaccine seems just as much as COVID for teens.

Worldwide, there are about 20 published cases of myocarditis and pericarditis following COVID vaccination. There are clearly more cases than that, but they have not been vetted and published. 2.8 billion COVID vaccine doses have been administered worldwide, to date. The risk of myocarditis and pericarditis following COVID vaccination is extremely low. Fortunately, COVID vaccines are being extensively studied, and further large, systematic studies will help quantify this risk.

Myocarditis and pericarditis also occur in COVID infection. There have been 900 published cases in children alone. You may have read about MIS-c in children with COVID (sometimes called Kawaski disease)? That is a multi-organ system inflammatory disease secondary to COVID in children, and it causes myocarditis and pericarditis. A good study out of the UK looked at healthy individuals about 3 months after contracting COVID, and 26% had mild cardiac abnormalities. Like vaccines, COVID infection is also being extensively studied, and since the proportion of young people and children being infected is going up (because of vaccinations in older groups), even more information will come out that will quantify the risk of myocarditis and pericarditis from COVID infection.

There are COVID threads on the pit and tunnels where a lot of this has been discussed so I’m not going to go on and on about it here.

What’s right in you post are two things. We don’t know for sure truly long-term effects of COVID vaccines and one can still contract the virus after being vaccinated.

Of course, the truth is that there’s good evidence the approved vaccines are safe and effective and it’s very unlikely that will change going forward.

And to the second point, there’s good evidence that any contracting of the virus once fully vaccinated is less likely to result in serious illness or death compared to being unvaccinated. That’s part of the safe and effective calculation.

The numbers on flu cases is wrong? The facts about the virus coming from a lab and Fauci lying to the public are made up?

Agree

The public has been lied to a lot throughout the pandemic, now proven by Fauci's emails. It was also known that Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquin were valid treatments but its use was suppressed. Big Tech has been complicit, as well. YouTube censored the M.D. in this video who is warning of possible long-term effects of the vaccine. He happens to be the inventor of mRNA method of vaccination.

https://rumble.com/vijpp5-how-to-sa...ps...covid-19-perspectives-from-an-exper.html

Unfortunately, it is very unlikely that ivermectin works for COVID. Here is a well-designed randomized clinical trial looking at the effect of ivermectin https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2777389

Hydroxycholorquine also does not work for COVID. There is even more data on HCQ than on ivermectin. Here is a well-designed randomized trial https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2772922 Cochrane Review does a good job of summarizing studies, and there are enough HCQ studies to have a good summary https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD013587.pub2/full

Worldwide, there are about 20 published cases of myocarditis and pericarditis following COVID vaccination. There are clearly more cases than that, but they have not been vetted and published. 2.8 billion COVID vaccine doses have been administered worldwide, to date. The risk of myocarditis and pericarditis following COVID vaccination is extremely low. Fortunately, COVID vaccines are being extensively studied, and further large, systematic studies will help quantify this risk.

Myocarditis and pericarditis also occur in COVID infection. There have been 900 published cases in children alone. You may have read about MIS-c in children with COVID (sometimes called Kawaski disease)? That is a multi-organ system inflammatory disease secondary to COVID in children, and it causes myocarditis and pericarditis. A good study out of the UK looked at healthy individuals about 3 months after contracting COVID, and 26% had mild cardiac abnormalities. Like vaccines, COVID infection is also being extensively studied, and since the proportion of young people and children being infected is going up (because of vaccinations in older groups), even more information will come out that will quantify the risk of myocarditis and pericarditis from COVID infection.

Not sure your source for 20 but I have seen article (June 23) stating more than 300 quoted by CDC and that is just for youth/teens vaccinated which is a fairly small pop. 900 children COVID impacts i would assume is based on a worldwide pop. Need to see %s of pop. Before anyone can claim what is best and the very fact CDC and Pfizer/moderna are focusing heavily would indicate concerns and no slam dunk.

Do you really believe flu cases went from 38 million during the 2019-2020 season to just 2,000 in 2022-2021? Or course that was just because of mask wearing.

The drop in flu numbers, worldwide, has been absolutely incredible. Almost certainly the major reason for the drop is social distancing, particularly with schools closed and airline travel way down during the winter. Masks, increased flu vaccinations, efficacy of the flu vaccination (the vaccine has different efficacy each year, based on what virus becomes the dominant strain), and possibly decreased surveillance testing (though this is not clear) also likely played roles.

Not sure your source for 20 but I have seen article (June 23) stating more than 300 quoted by CDC and that is just for youth/teens vaccinated which is a fairly small pop. 900 children COVID impacts i would assume is based on a worldwide pop. Need to see %s of pop. Before anyone can claim what is best and the very fact CDC and Pfizer/moderna are focusing heavily would indicate concerns and no slam dunk.

I looked at PubMed this morning, and there were 20 cases published worldwide. The CDC actually reports over 1000 cases, but I was looking at vetted and published cases.

Correct, 900 published cases of myo- and pericarditis after COVID is also from PubMed, so it is also worldwide.

Just my opinion, and not specifically related to this, but nothing in biology/medicine is ever a slam dunk. There are just too many variables. My dad always said, if you want a pure science, go into mathematics!

The numbers on flu cases is wrong? The facts about the virus coming from a lab and Fauci lying to the public are made up?

What’s wrong is doubting the precipitous decrease of influenza cases. And yes, those other things are not facts.

Get your vaccine. At least the first shot.

Risks are extremely low. Especially in healthy adults.

I'd classify college baseball players as healthy adults.

Dumb and unfortunately, very NC State way to go out.

Get your vaccine. At least the first shot.

Risks are extremely low. Especially in healthy adults.

Get your second shot. The risks of COVID vaccines are exceedingly low. The Delta variant is spreading quickly, and full vaccination is highly effective against this variant.

I’m hesitant to post this, because I’m very pro vaccine and am personally vaccinated and don’t want to be construed otherwise, but in the last week I had a conversation with a good friend who is a highly respected cardiologist at a major medical institution. He told me the frequency of myocarditis he is seeing in teens and young adults is troubling high, grossly under reported, and in excess of what would be expected with contracting Covid. Much to my surprise, he told me he would not recommend anyone under 25, including his own children, getting the Covid vaccine. I have one child 12+ and we had her vaccinated, but if I had this conversation before she was vaccinated, I certainly would have at least been more hesitant.

Back