• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

I have little sympathy. Many of their fans have reputations for being jerks, their coach seems out of touch, and most of their players are just sleeping in the beds they made.

Meanwhile you have our sister program in Vandy that emphasizes academics, gets to shine in baseball after being the SEC’s football punching bag, and responsibly got all their players vaxxed. They should be the ones moving on.

Agreed.

The people who should be pissed by this are Texas and Miss. State. Vandy now has a deeper, more rested bullpen due to NC State's actions. The CWS final is three days in a row. Having a deeper, well rested bullpen is such a huge advantage.

Heard some folks in the stands saying it didn't matter if he dropped to 3rd/4th round, he isn't going to college.

Total fucking beta. Anyone with half competitive Spirit wouldn't have pussied out on his team in a closeout state championship game.

If you wanna talk politics, reporter, go find the guy that tapes our ankles and treats our tendonitis.

Yes, why did Avent call a question about if he had discussed and encouraged his players to get vaccinated and if he was vaccinated "political?"
He had a chance to say, what a devastating consequence for our program, in hindsight we could have approached this differently. It was politics because he was embarrassed leading his team down the fantasy that this shit is over. It is not for the unvaccinated.

I wasn't a bio major but the nanoparticles are not supposed to show up in the circulatory system, hence not in the organs, IIUC. Yet the lab studies are finding the highest concentration in the ovaries for the 14-24 group. The myocarditis is more common in males, I believe.

I know it's long and the PhD guy can get a little irritating, but I'd urge everyone to try to watch the Malone video link I posted.

You lost your credibility with that earlier bullshit

I get the anti-State sentiments, but at least to me, this CWS was much more interesting because of State's underdog storyline combined with the fact that most of the roster are NC kids, it's an ACC team, etc. Is a CWS with no local ties, or an ACC school, that much more appealing to watch??

My kids have played HS baseball here in NC and it's always cool (to me/us) that they have competed against some of these ACC players.

I get the anti-State sentiments, but at least to me, this CWS was much more interesting because of State's underdog storyline combined with the fact that most of the roster are NC kids, it's an ACC team, etc. Is a CWS with no local ties, or an ACC school, that much more appealing to watch??

My kids have played HS baseball here in NC and it's always cool (to me/us) that they have competed against some of these ACC players.

Absolutely a great early season and postseason comeback story that should should be celebrated by college and ACC sports fans. But some can't get past their personal animus. Now if it was UNC in anything or Duke in hoops, Fuck em. .

Are you a licensed physician? If not. Please stop. Thanks.

I am. Thanks.

😂

I wasn't a bio major but the nanoparticles are not supposed to show up in the circulatory system, hence not in the organs, IIUC. Yet the lab studies are finding the highest concentration in the ovaries for the 14-24 group. The myocarditis is more common in males, I believe.

I know it's long and the PhD guy can get a little irritating, but I'd urge everyone to try to watch the Malone video link I posted.

Are you a licensed physician? If not, shut up.

Fuck State and their unvaxed rube players and fans

State fans are actually at higher risk than most people because they’re all mouth breathers. This is hilarious.

I was happy for the state team to be contending.

Failure of ncsu leadership as the main reason for the debacle, pretty sure. No way the players should have been allowed to travel and play unless vaccinated.

Sad to see it.

I get the angle of your kids’ interest in seeing guys they played against. But I don’t like State so seeing all this preventable stuff happen has not bothered me. I do wish I could have seen them bow out to Vandy though.

The NCAA Division One baseball committee declared the game a "no contest" because of Covid 19 protocols. The decision was based on the recommendation of the Championship Medical team and the Douglas County Health Department. Because of privacy issues we cannot provide further details.

How convenient for the NCAA. OK to play yesterday, not OK today. No explanation required.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Wild West of college athletics if it kills the NCAA once and for all, especially if it is messy and painful. I can't think of an organization more deserving of discredit and contempt.

Failure of ncsu leadership as the main reason for the debacle, pretty sure. No way the players should have been allowed to travel and play unless vaccinated.

Sad to see it.

This.

From the top down the wolpfack failed the team. Just irresponsible during a public health crisis.

What leadership sends its team to travel to the CWS unvaxxed during a pandemic??!

At Wake the entire student body will need to be vaxxed just to attend classes, let alone to travel on a team.

The NCAA Division One baseball committee declared the game a "no contest" because of Covid 19 protocols. The decision was based on the recommendation of the Championship Medical team and the Douglas County Health Department. Because of privacy issues we cannot provide further details.

How convenient for the NCAA. OK to play yesterday, not OK today. No explanation required.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Wild West of college athletics if it kills the NCAA once and for all, especially if it is messy and painful. I can't think of an organization more deserving of discredit and contempt.

Douglas County Health Department has said they didn’t give an opinion and would support whatever decision the NCAA made.

The NCAA could not be screwing this up any more.

Sad to see it.

I agree! All players should have been vaxxed and those that chose not to left at home.

Back