• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2021 | Cusick (1st) + Fleming, Seymour, Menendez, Muntz Drafted

I thought the NCAA closed the "immediately eligible " window on July1. That is, a student athlete had to notify his current school he was leaving by July 1 to be immediately eligible at his or her next school.

You are correct. July 1 was the deadline to notify a student-athlete's current school of their decision to transfer to be eligible to play for another school during the next academic year. Starting next season, the deadline to announce the decision to transfer will be May 1.

If Menendez had TJ surgery, the timeline to return to competition is typically a year. So, in a best case scenario, he will be back, but he may still be ramping up.

He'd be nice to have at full strength. Wasn't he expected to be our second best pitcher last year behind Cusick?

Hartle has officially withdrawn from the draft. Massive news.

And a preemptive “fuck off” to whatever 86’s reaction is to this news.

+1

I'm super pumped about this. Hartle has the skillet and upside to be a FORCE while at Wake. I posted it on the NIL thread, but I'd say he will step on campus as our highest profile athlete based on upside and projections.

Hartle has officially withdrawn from the draft. Massive news.

And a preemptive “fuck off” to whatever 86’s reaction is to this news.

Wow. Great news. He should be an anchor on the mound for the next three seasons.

So, it sounds like Hartle will be the Braves first round pick in the 2024 draft.

Dodgers take Peter Heubeck RHP from Baltimore at the end of the 3rd round (101st pick). Heubeck, along with Josh Hartle, were the two highest rated recruits in the WF 2021 baseball recruiting class. The slot value for that pick is $577K, but the Dodgers can go over that slot amount if they save money on some of their other picks. Guessing the Dodgers had some assurances that Heubeck would sign if drafted as LA typically signs their top round picks.

Dodgers take Peter Heubeck RHP from Baltimore at the end of the 3rd round (101st pick). Heubeck, along with Josh Hartle, were the two highest rated recruits in the WF 2021 baseball recruiting class. The slot value for that pick is $577K, but the Dodgers can go over that slot amount if they save money on some of their other picks. Guessing the Dodgers had some assurances that Heubeck would sign if drafted as LA typically signs their top round picks.

Good news. Kid used his head and took the money. Wouldn’t be shocked to see the Hartle kid never develop the velocity and be a 300k signed as a junior. 88-91 reason why he didn’t get the money he wanted probably

Good news. Kid used his head and took the money. Wouldn’t be shocked to see the Hartle kid never develop the velocity and be a 300k signed as a junior. 88-91 reason why he didn’t get the money he wanted probably

Imagine turning down 1.5 million to go pitch for wake forest. Especially with his profile as needing projection to dream on a velocity uptick. It’s one thing If youre already throwing gas (Kumar rocker, Christian little, jack leiter) to turn down the money out of HS, but totally different when you’re more projectable. The risk of injury/ lack of development isn’t worth the risk. MLB teams would have paid for all 4 years of school too. He’ll have to go top 15 to make the risk worth the reward. Maybe he does it maybe he doesn’t. I’m
Betting on he doesn’t with tom Walter

He’ll have to go top 15 to make the risk worth the reward. Maybe he does it maybe he doesn’t. I’m Betting on he doesn’t with tom Walter

Looks like you're really good at betting, considering Wake has had a pitcher drafted in the first round in 3 out of the last 4 years (Cusick 2021, Shuster 2020, Roberts 2018).

It really is crazy how devoted you are to talking shit online about Wake Forest Baseball. You hate the coach, there's legitimately no way you actually enjoy watching games or following the program, and you constantly post as though you hope bad things will happen to the program. Just move on man.

look at the kid from UVA vasil just drafted in the 8th round, turned down big money out of HS (ranked 23 overall in class) Perfect Game All American, went to a premier college, lost a ton of money

the odds are more likely he costs himself money than goes in top 15 in 3 years...

Back