• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball thread, season underway

The new seats look great.

What other renovations are on tap for the Baseball Park?

Have they planted the trees beyond the outfield fence to block the view of all the buildings yet?

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/121812aab.html

Hall of Famer and 19-time MLB All-Star Cal Ripken, Jr. will be a special guest at the 2013 Wake Forest Baseball First Pitch Dinner Presented by David Couch and The Blue Ridge Companies, Inc., on Thursday, February 28 at 6:30 p.m. in the Snead Room at Bridger Field House.

"Cal Ripken and Wake Forest baseball are the perfect match. All the attributes that make Cal Ripken who he is are the very attributes we are trying to develop in our student-athletes - class, grace, endurance, humility, competitiveness, toughness, work ethic, talent and leadership," said head baseball coach Tom Walter. "Cal is a Hall of Fame baseball player, but he is an even better human being. Just having him on campus will make our program better."

The cost of the event will be $100 per person or $900 for a table of 10 people.

In addition to Ripken, Walter and members of the Wake Forest baseball team will be special guests.

The evening will also be highlighted by both a silent and live auction featuring a Cal Ripken, Jr. autographed jersey, tickets to the 2013 MLB All-Star Game at Citi Field in NYC, and much more.

Proceeds from the auctions and event will benefit the Wake Forest Baseball program. Every ticket purchase also comes with a complimentary Wake Forest Baseball season pass, valued at $45 (table purchases come with 10 season passes, valued at $450).

The deadline for online registration is Friday, February 15, at 5 p.m., and you can access the registration page with the above link.

I'm in!

the team opens up this week-end at Lousiana-Monroe; Alcorn St is also in the mix.

That looks so much better. Now, if we can just get some people out there to support them. Last year the home crowd for a lot of the games wasn't much more than families of players.

Home opener is 2/22.

I don't know if I'll be able to get to the opener with a 4:00pm Friday start, but I'll most likely be at the next one the following day. I usually take one or both of my kids - fun way to spend time with them and indoctrinate them to Deaconhood (my wife is a Carolina alum). Last season my son caught (well, retrieved) his first foul ball and my daughter made her first TV appearance:

ABonTV.jpg

Wake's four starters on the mound this weekend (in order):

Austin Stadler (senior)
Jack Fischer (junior)
Mark McCoy (freshman)
Matt Pirro (sophomore)

Stopped by the ball park for the 1st time ever on Tues afternoon and watched the team practice. Very impressed with the facility!

GO DEACS!

Stopped by the ball park for the 1st time ever on Tues afternoon and watched the team practice. Very impressed with the facility!

GO DEACS!

It's a great ballpark. Visiting fans are always impressed.

Is there gametracker or live stats for the games this weekend? Go Deacs!!

Open the season by striking out the side in the top of the first. Nice start Deacs!

James Harris picking up where he left off last year stranding Morgan at third.

LCDeacon, you got a Gametracker? If so, where?

Garrett Kelly drives home Jordan with a sac fly. Deacs up 1-0 in the 4th.

Back