• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Bball 2017-18 Schedule

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
Non-conference is slowly being announced on twitter. Very weak so far. In addition to what was already known (Paradise Jam, Illinois, Tennessee)-Georgia Southern, Liberty, @Charlotte, Richmond, UNC-G, Army, and @Coastal (and Queens College exhibition). We can't afford to lose more than 2 with how weak that is.

That's the full list now.

Last edited:
Non-conference is slowly being announced on twitter. Very weak so far. In addition to what was already known (Paradise Jam, Illinois, Tennessee)-Georgia Southern, Richmond, UNC-G, and Army (and Queens College exhibition).

Well, we could run the table in pre-season. That would be good.

I missed a few in my initial post. I will try to keep up and keep adding them.

Looks like we need 20 wins minimum to get on the bubble.

DDhuE_vXsAIuKGN.jpg

missing game is probably hosting Xavier.

only true road game in non-con is @Charlotte.

can probably only lose 1 or 2 at most.

That looks something like a 250th ranked OOC sched right there. Yeesh.

woof. not even playing xavier this year.

13-0 or 12-1 or bust.

Last edited:
Why in the world did they slowly roll out this schedule. Probably should have dropped the whole thing all at once in the late Friday afternoon news dump.

Then again I do like easy W's (in the short run). Schedule is like eating Sweettarts for dinner.

This schedule is shades of 2009. This team won't be as good as that one but I think we could benefit from the early momentum, as that team did, and enter ACC play with confidence.

2016-7 KP ratings for that schedule:

Georgia Southern #195
Liberty #211
Drake #258 (DFL in the Mo Valley conference)
Colorado #72/Quinnipiac #294 (WF will play Colorado)
Houston #52 (the most likely opponent if WF makes the PJ Final; if WF does not, WF will play a bad team as all other teams in the field stink)
UNC-G #121 (coached by the incomparable Wes Miller)
Illinois #66
Richmond #92
Charlotte #237
Army #230
Tennessee #57

Assuming that WF plays Colorado and Houston in the PJ, WF plays 5 top 100 teams OOC, which is solid. WF plays no team in the below 300, which is an RPI/KP ratings killer.

The negative is that WF plays no top 50 teams (obviously, some of these teams could be better than last year and have a top 50 season).

Does the athletic department charge full price for tickets to watch that garbage?

Most of those early home games should be general admission, $3 per ticket.

Does the athletic department charge full price for tickets to watch that garbage?

Most of those early home games should be general admission, $3 per ticket.

So about the same price as tickets were when you last got laid?

Back