• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Bball 2017-18 Schedule

Really looking forward to the return game of the Wake/Queens series here in Myers Park.

There's already plenty of outcry that overall strength of schedule isn't weighted enough - let alone non-conference strength of schedule by itself. This is an absurd argument for an ACC team. VaTech and their 341st ranked non-conference schedule still netted an overall SOS in the 40's. Hitting 20 wins hugely outweighs the few spots gained in SOS by tacking on a couple tough losses.

Going out and scheduling brutal opponents is for mid-majors and elite teams.

TITCR.

Definitely. We really need Illinois, Richmond, or Tennessee to be good.

When is the last time we played Army or Navy in hoops? (I remember when we played Air Force. :()

I remember playing Navy in 2002 and the mid to late 90s as well. Not sure if we played more recently.

Definitely. We really need Illinois, Richmond, or Tennessee to be good.

When is the last time we played Army or Navy in hoops? (I remember when we played Air Force. :()

Best case scenario would be for all three to be pretty good...but for each of them to have their worst game of the season against Wake.

Hah.

The only downside I can think of is if you get your confidence destroyed by taking a bunch of Ls in the non-conference. Otherwise there is no negative

Yeah but if you are going to take a bunch of L's against that schedule you were going to suck anyway (see every [Redacted] team).

Back