• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/BC

I'm fed up. My two sons, 8 and 11, make fun of dad and Wake basketball. That's pathetic.

Really in the overall scheme of things it's pretty much a non issue but it would be fun for them to enjoy the excitement I enjoyed from '90-'2009..

I'm about to give up and move on
Don't do it. This is a golden opportunity to teach your kids what it means to be loyal to a team through thick and thin. If you go anywhere else, you're only teaching them to become bandwagonners.

There is more honor in ensuring that they remain loyal fans of a bad team, than become a mercenary fans of a good one. For that matter, there is also more enjoyment, because when the bad team becomes good, it is a sweet and well-deserved award.

And after all, "we're going to be good again."

In this case, what Deac87 said was dead-on. Manning got blown out today by a team that had a worse conference record than he had. You had better believe that in college basketball, coaching matters.

If bz has an advantage over Manning, it sure as heck isn't in avoiding nosows and blowouts. This years team had a few, some downright inexcusable, but at least its easy to recall which games they were. With bzdick it was more noteworthy when we didn't embarrass ourselves.

Dude, DT's driving me nuts too but any mid-major would be glad to have him, attitude and all.

Don't do it. This is a golden opportunity to teach your kids what it means to be loyal to a team through thick and thin. If you go anywhere else, you're only teaching them to become bandwagonners.

There is more honor in ensuring that they remain loyal fans of a bad team, than become a mercenary fans of a good one. For that matter, there is also more enjoyment, because when the bad team becomes good, it is a sweet and well-deserved award.

And after all, "we're going to be good again."

My kids asked why we just can't be dook fans in basketball and Alabama fans in football.

Gave him the same speech as above, and told them that when you win a lot you don't appreciate the victories.

They ain't buyin' it. BUT...they haven't switched. They just don't expect a lot and they've stopped wearing their Wake gear as much.

Dude, DT's driving me nuts too but any mid-major would be glad to have him, attitude and all.

Nah. His rep is horrible. He has potential, but he is a head case. No one wants to deal with it.

[Redacted] tried to baby him, didn't work.

Manning has disciplined him and held him accountable for his actions. While he is better, he still has a lot of problems.

Nah. His rep is horrible. He has potential, but he is a head case. No one wants to deal with it.

[Redacted] tried to baby him, didn't work.

Manning has disciplined him and held him accountable for his actions. While he is better, he still has a lot of problems.
Our collective disdain for Devin aside, this is just not true. If Aaric Murray can transfer down, then Devin can, too.

I'd personally much rather see Devin get his act together under Danny's guidance and put together a strong senior season.

Do we know this because he's looked around and gotten this feedback? Or you're speculating?
Pure speculation, IMO. There are hundreds of schools that would gladly take a player like Devin off of our hands.

My kids asked why we just can't be dook fans in basketball and Alabama fans in football.

Gave him the same speech as above, and told them that when you win a lot you don't appreciate the victories.

They ain't buyin' it. BUT...they haven't switched. They just don't expect a lot and they've stopped wearing their Wake gear as much.

A: The New Testament.

Our collective disdain for Devin aside, this is just not true. If Aaric Murray can transfer down, then Devin can, too.

I'd personally much rather see Devin get his act together under Danny's guidance and put together a strong senior season.

I would be shocked if he transferred and I don't think he would ever transfer "down".

You would be surprised at how much the Bz stink affects our players. A Bz guy with an attitude? No thanks.

Can't justify rooting for a DT transfer, as frustrating as he is. Just not enough talent on this team. Hopefully Doral Moore can take some heat off him as the teams only low post defender.

Other schools too small to compete in the ACC in basketball, as evidenced by number of championships: Virginia, Clemson, Maryland. I guess Maryland got smart about it and left for a lesser conference.

I love that the number of conference championships is the only variable in bkf's "competitiveness" formula. "If you aren't winning conference championships, you aren't competitive!"

But thanks, Bob, for another scorching hot sports take.

The only real things standing between Wake and reasonable success in sports are a winning tradition and a strong will to succeed in athletics (see Duke, Stanford). Wake has a long history of disinterest in, if not outright hostility to, big time sports. Enough private schools are in the top 25 of both football and basketball, beyond their raw percentage among FBS schools, that put the lie to indoctrinated LOWFers like bkf.

Comparing WF's situation to that of Duke, and particulary to Stanford is just silly. There is no other way to put it. Check the enrollment comparisons and...much more importantly...check the endowment comparisons.

Riiiiight ... Wake is totally unique! No comparisons at all. We're the leper of Division 1. You've got your LOWF shtick down pat.

Pure speculation, IMO. There are hundreds of schools that would gladly take a player like Devin off of our hands.

He's not a redshirt junior. Is he even close to graduating? He's coming back. Otherwise he has to sit out a year and some institution has to devote two years of a scholarship to a player who disappeared as a junior.

Back