• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Boston College Thread

Concerned in regards to Jamie Newman's health going into practice this week. He took an illegal shot to the knee against Elon, I think a play or two before that crazy 1 yard scramble after getting drilled by the linebacker on a delayed blitz. Worried he will be at minimum, stiff for most of the week. I wouldn't be shocked if he were a late scratch. Surprised, yes, but not shocked.

Wait, what? Did Clawson mention anything about the injury or was he listed in any injury report? If this is just a hunch, it's a pretty damn bold/negative one.

No reason to believe that’s the case. He looked fine on the one yard gain so not any real reason to believe he’s going to scratch.

Jamie Newman doesn't need practice. He's a gamer. 7-1 in his eight starts. Dude just wins.

Would like to hear more about this...Conor, Les? I saw him a little wobbly after that hit but he seemed fine,.

Dude, consider the poster. JB throws all sorts of crazy prognostications at the wall hoping that one will stick and he'll be able to claim nostradumbass status. Hell, he's had good hunches about [Redacted] and Manning in the past, amongst other absurdities.

We are not going to hear anything from Clawson. What do you expect? "We can't run to the left, only the right". BC will have to prepare for everything in our bag of tricks.

We have a history of underperforming vs BC, 2009 was brutal and ended up costing us a 4th straight bowl game. And i think the 2008 loss to BC cost us the Atlantic Division title though i might be misremembering. On paper we should roll but we're due for a letdown game, this will be a tougher test than most here are predicting.

We have a history of underperforming vs BC, 2009 was brutal and ended up costing us a 4th straight bowl game. And i think the 2008 loss to BC cost us the Atlantic Division title though i might be misremembering. On paper we should roll but we're due for a letdown game, this will be a tougher test than most here are predicting.

I wouldn't really say we've underperformed against them. At least relative to expectations.

6 point dogs last year and lost by 7
Pick'em and won by 24
3 point dogs and lost by 3
9.5 point dogs and won by 3
13.5 point dogs and lost by 6
2.5 point dogs and lost by 14
3.5 point favorites and won by 14
1 point dogs and won by 8
4 point dogs and lost by 10
1 point dogs and lost by 3

So we're 1-0 as favorites, 1-0 as a pick'em, and 2-6 as underdogs. Our losses as underdogs have been off on the Vegas line by 1, 0, 7.5 (in our favor), 11.5 (against us), 6, and 2

Talk about brutal: how about WF's 2015 win at BC? 3-0. WF stuffed BC multiple times inside the WF 10 late in the game to preserve the win. How the offense has changed.

the most heartbreaking was the year after the Orange Bowl where Phonz pick-sixed Matt Ryan on the first play of the game and Deacs went up 14-0 before losing after Riley threw three picks and got hurt

I remember one BC INT in the endzone that was inexplicably not reviewed

the most heartbreaking was the year after the Orange Bowl where Phonz pick-sixed Matt Ryan on the first play of the game and Deacs went up 14-0 before losing after Riley threw three picks and got hurt

I remember one BC INT in the endzone that was inexplicably not reviewed

Nah, 2005 was way worse. Up 30-21 on the road against #14 BC with only 3:36 left in the game, and their starting QB hurt. Was that the game where the horrible "Matty Ice" nickname started?

The 2009 OT loss at home in freezing temps to a 3rd string QB was brutal as well. Kept us out of a bowl.

God I was literally just talking wish my friend yesterday during the Falcons game about how much the “Matty Ice” nickname sucks. Especially for someone who has literally never won anything noteworthy.

alternatively, BC at home the Orange Bowl year is possibly the best atmosphere in Groves history

take that how you will

I thought Matty Ice came about during the :mattryan game against...VT?

alternatively, BC at home the Orange Bowl year is possibly the best atmosphere in Groves history

take that how you will

Such an awesome game with the all day tailgate, first time two ranked teams met in groves, picking off Ryan to seal it.

2008 was the worst. We dominated them all game and they beat us on some fluke long throw. We go to the ACC title game with a win there.

Normally I think everyone would completely agree with you about BC's linemen, but unless they have been missing some D linemen the last few weeks to injury it is clear this is not your Dad's BC D-line. Their D is 14th out of 16 for both the run and pass giving up 180 yds/game and 259/game, respectively with ONLY 3 sacks over 4 games. And those stats do not include going against the best offense they will see up to this point. Sorry but Kansas may have looked like Clemson vs. BC it hasn't been the case against everyone else the Jayhawks have played.

I predict our offense runs roughshod over BC D and fully expect Adazio to bring a lot of blitzes as he knows pressure will be key and getting to Newman will be the only way they can slow us down. I think Ruggiero and gang will have a game plan and Jamie is able to handle it and we have a number of big plays and put up some gawdy stats.

Again maybe they have some beast D linemen we don't know about who have been out to injury, but 3 sacks over 4 games is abysmal (2 of which were their first game against Hokies so 1 over last 3 games including vs. Richmond and Rutgers).

Good analysis

Back