• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake / Bucknell Game Thread

Only 20 years old? Man, no wonder the millennials are so fucked. Participation trophies, 8X parents who think their grown ass 20 year olds are still kids...they don't call them the Peter Pan generation for nothing. Devin is (should be) a grown ass man. Many "kids" his age have been to war, gotten married, had kids and started jobs. He's still having trouble not throwing a tantrum while playing a basketball game.

:thumbsup:

So, apparently some here hit a plateau and finished maturing during their freshman years of college. That explains a lot....

Some kids, especially athletes who were coddled and recruited throughout high school, often have not peaked when they arrive on campus. James Winston still doesn't get it. Johnny Football apparently is just now getting it. Grown men who spend 20/hrs week on message boards berating others anonymously, and demanding perfection from 18 year olds under the public microscope, apparently need even more time.

Chas >>>>> Devin by a longshot. Chas would back it up. He wouldn't flex for the camera and was, if my memory serves me correctly, rarely extremely late getting down the court like Devin.

Another Chas over Devin comment. Smh. I remember the comments about Chas when he was pulling his crap.

So, apparently some here hit a plateau and finished maturing during their freshman years of college. That explains a lot....

Some kids, especially athletes who were coddled and recruited throughout high school, often have not peaked when they arrive on campus. James Winston still doesn't get it. Johnny Football apparently is just now getting it. Grown men who spend 20/hrs week on message boards berating others anonymously, and demanding perfection from 18 year olds under the public microscope, apparently need even more time.

LOL. Yet another 8X Deac weighs in.

Only 20 years old? Man, no wonder the millennials are so fucked. Participation trophies, 8X parents who think their grown ass 20 year olds are still kids...

No one said you're done maturing at 20, only that at that point in life you're a man and you should be past throwing tantrums on a basketball court. Nice job at pointing out other examples of kids who were coddled and told they didn't need to grow up. And the little jab was nice too considering YOU POST ON A MESSAGE BOARD. (P.S. Devin isn't 18).

I have 650 posts. You have 10,400, much of which is negative and derogatory towards Wake players, fans, and coaches. Seriously, dude, you really seem to get off spewing nastiness at people. Over and over. That is the problem I have with you. I don't have any problem with passionate fans who love to talk Wake sports, or sports in general, and spend considerable time on a board. But geez, the nastiness and self-righteousness is over the top. Get over yourself. I certainly don't disagree that this crap from Devin needs to stop ASAP, or that being an adult, he ought to know better and be able to exercise a great deal more self control. But I just think the criticism was over the top and that he will get past it ASAP. And it isn't like he is "throwing tantrums," as you say. At 20 years old, I'm not throwing him under the bus yet, and expect that this latest episode and DM's certain follow up lectures will make that happen now. He is not the only 20 something who has trouble controlling himself. Jameis Winston is another, and FSU is doing everything they can to keep him on the field for 2 more games. They aren't the only school who would, either. Sadly, part of the real job description of a college head coach or assistant coach is akin to being a babysitter and trying to keep prima donna 18-22 year olds out of trouble in and out of the classroom, so they can play. That is the system and state of college athletics. Devin's transgressions pale in comparison to those of other more well known athletes. They are transgressions and need to be corrected, and I expect they will be, and DM is working him over to be sure. Even 20 and 30 year olds have room to grow up.

Devin has eight technical fouls and two ejections in his Wake career. Might want to tone it down a bit going forward.

I have 650 posts. You have 10,400

Perhaps a typing class would help? I know you 8X Deacs didn't have all of the same technological advantages as those of us who came later.

Too funny. Imagine that, Racer posting more ridiculous personal attacks, rather than discussing sports.... You just can't teach old dogs new tricks....

Anyway, the Princeton game proved the point, and I am now glad that Devin got thrown under the bus and out with the garbage. We just don't need him and his baggage that a grown ass man like him can't be doing. And he embarrassed us again when he had that dunk with about 4:00 to go and then woofed in the defender's face and got that T. I mean, after that last second tip-in at UR, and being the ESPN No 1 highlight, he is just even more out of control and narcissistic. Oh wait, actually, he appeared to be about to bark and showboat, but then stopped and just clapped and walked on to meet his teammates. May wonders never cease. It is true, you can teach a 20 yr old new tricks....

Look man, if you wan to bury the hatchet and move on, it works for me. I just thought the criticism of Devin was over the top. And I do agree it should not have been happening this far along in his career. He is a grown ass man and has controlled his temper like a 2 yr old at times. But he isn't alone, and hopefully with DM's help he'll own it and grow. I think he will. He REALLY wanted to bark after that dunk when things were getting tight. But he stopped. Good job DT. Nice couple of games for him. Not great, but under control and solid. For an undersized 5, or a 4 who can't step outside, but can grab boards and play decent post defense, that is what we need from him.

Anyway, peace out and I hope everyone has a fun, safe and happy New Year. Best wishes to all.

You brought up posting counts in an attempt to insult. Fuck off with your bullshit "look at him attacking me!" nonsense.

8X dickbag. You are so lame as a person. I would be shocked if anybody found you enjoyable to be around. You seem to suck so much that I can't fathom anybody liking you personally.

Have a good New Year!

You brought up posting counts in an attempt to insult. Fuck off with your bullshit "look at him attacking me!" nonsense.

8X dickbag. You are so lame as a person. I would be shocked if anybody found you enjoyable to be around. You seem to suck so much that I can't fathom anybody liking you personally.

Have a good New Year!

Drinky drunkerton

Back