• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Clemson Game Thread

Fixed it for you. 21% on the season from 3 and 30% overall, he has not proven that he can shoot when the lights are on. I don't give a crap about what he does in practice or did at some high school camp.

Dude, Travis and Devin were in foul touble about 5 minutes in (could have been Cameron). Tyler had to get in there and give it a go. He's going to be a solid player for us.

Let's talk a minute about character. Skip and Dino didn't have player with character? Seriously? This is the biggest fraud foisted on the alumni. We had many players with amazing character. Who didn't love LD and his love for Wake? Or CP? Skip turned Josh's life around and he was an inspiration in his love for Wake. And then there were the walk ons who got in the game back in the day. Seen a walk on lately? Bzz sucks on so many levels I can't wrap my brain around it anymore. I love the talent we have and hate the coach. Even if we reach moderate success I still can't get behind the guy. Sermon over.

One of my favorite players from Skip's time was Cam Stanley. The guy was a great athlete and could shoot lights out in practice but couldn't play worth a lick in real games. Nonetheless, he was always one of the nicest, most positive guys around campus and absolutely loved WFU.

Harvey Hale and DWeave lived on my freshman hall, and they were real solid guys too. I took Harvey to my aunt's house in Winston several times for Sunday dinners, and he was always so appreciative of my aunt and uncle. Although, she always did send him back to the dorm with an entire freshly baked pound cake just to himself.

Dude, Travis and Devin were in foul touble about 5 minutes in (could have been Cameron). Tyler had to get in there and give it a go. He's going to be a solid player for us.

He very well may turn out to be a great player. And I understand the situation. But all I have seen from him (i.e. his college career to date) would indicate he is not a good shooter and adds little to the team at this point. I honestly hope I am wrong and hate to get down on him but he isn't ready for the big time yet. It's just sad that we have fallen so far that we have to thrust him into the spotlight when he's clearly not ready.

I can't for the life of me figure out why [Redacted] started the second half with him. I know Devin was in foul trouble so run a super small line-up if you don't want to play Devin. I am not saying don't play Cav at all in the second half, but try to get something good going for the rest of the team and hope the confidence rubs off or something. I don't know. It was a shitty situation for both Cav and [Redacted] (and me since it makes me look like a total idiot for what I said on the recruiting thread last night about us being fine at the 4 and 5).

Let's talk a minute about character. Skip and Dino didn't have player with character? Seriously? This is the biggest fraud foisted on the alumni. We had many players with amazing character. Who didn't love LD and his love for Wake? Or CP? Skip turned Josh's life around and he was an inspiration in his love for Wake. And then there were the walk ons who got in the game back in the day. Seen a walk on lately? Bzz sucks on so many levels I can't wrap my brain around it anymore. I love the talent we have and hate the coach. Even if we reach moderate success I still can't get behind the guy. Sermon over.

I don't disagree with you Dirk. I think it's a travesty how every player from the last four years before Buzz is slapped with a "bad kid" tag. Granted there were some bad situations, but now we're "purifying" Wake basketball when all it needed was some tweaks. RW and Buzz have essentially brought out a "holier-than-thou sledge hammer" when what was really needed was just some strong leadership in the head coaching office.

That was Cory Alexander who was spewing the AD talking points tonight. He's from Richmond and I believe is a bit of a mentor to Travis. He's not exactly a neutral party.

I don't get it. I would think any ally of Travis would not want to perpetuate the myths. Travis is suffering through this complete lack of leadership.

I don't get it. I would think any ally of Travis would not want to perpetuate the myths. Travis is suffering through this complete lack of leadership.

Agreed. Travis was nearly out the door last year.

I think Travis is a great player, but I don't get all the Travis lust I get from this board. When I watch us play it seems like Travis and "the other guys." I know he's supposed to be a leader, and he is one of our long-suffering Bzdicked upper classmen, but I just can't get myself to like the guy.

I like Travis. I think he words hard most of the time and mostly has a good attitude, but he does kind of go off the reservation sometimes on both offense and defense.

CJ is a much more efficient player on offense and more reliable on defense (although obviously Travis's rebounding is important).

I don't disagree with you Dirk. I think it's a travesty how every player from the last four years before Buzz is slapped with a "bad kid" tag. Granted there were some bad situations, but now we're "purifying" Wake basketball when all it needed was some tweaks. RW and Buzz have essentially brought out a "holier-than-thou sledge hammer" when what was really needed was just some strong leadership in the head coaching office.

Nice work on this thread.

I think Wellman himself said "tweaks"or something similar in one of the early press conferences. The culture story started when it became early Bz was going to fail hard that first season.

I think Travis is a great player, but I don't get all the Travis lust I get from this board. When I watch us play it seems like Travis and "the other guys." I know he's supposed to be a leader, and he is one of our long-suffering Bzdicked upper classmen, but I just can't get myself to like the guy.

He plays like a player that realizes he should have transferred last year when he let Childress talk him into staying. Hard to fault him for not "gelling" in a situation he's probably having major regrets about sticking around for.

This team will not be miles better next year minus CJ. I just don't see it.

This is the kind of logic that you apply to actual competitive D-I college basketball teams. Not whatever this team is, running whatever bullshit system Bzz runs. This team will never win anything of significance because their leader is a 99-pound-weakling mental midget, who is beaten down and dead inside. His only defense is to be a snarky, defensive asshole because he knows that he'll never succeed at anything, ever. At least when he's in charge. He needs to just quit and go find some nice quiet place, to go die.

Well, apparently he's succeeded at getting paid $500M+ to coach basketball. :golfclap:

Last edited:
Well, apparently he's succeeded at getting paid $500M+ to coach basketball. :golfclap:

Which is fairly impressive given his long track record of being quite bad at it.

Nice work on this thread.

I think Wellman himself said "tweaks"or something similar in one of the early press conferences. The culture story started when it became early Bz was going to fail hard that first season.
Based on the article where Bz takes credit for the success of his previous teams after leaving......by changing culture......I think it all came from Bz. The disturbing thing is Wellman fell for it and tossed Skip and Dino under the bus in the process.....and down the rabbit hole we began.

So I have to know, if I run into Bzzzz in a movie theatre, where he's alone, do I throw all my popcorn at him? kernel by kernel? or popcorn and a drink?

inquiring minds must know

Back