• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ Duke - 3:30 PM ESPN2/ACCN

Wouldn't be shocked if coming out strong for Hartman post-BC/pre-Louisville and talking shit about respect for both Hartman and the team (which I broadly agreed with, though maybe not the time to do that), and then following it up with THAT performance, short circuited Clawson a bit and got him doubting/overthinking, or something. Maybe, I dunno.

One other huge issue I had with this game is how entirely unphysical our secondary played. It appears most of them are scared of contact and unwilling to make an actual tackle. On one of the touchdowns, the "effort" made to slightly push the receiver in hopes that he would just fall down were embarrassing. Perhaps football is the wrong sport for them.
Yep. I was watching it in the stadium and then watched specifically on the replay. Holmes intentionally ran out of bounds IN FRONT of the receiver to not have to touch him.

Yep. I was watching it in the stadium and then watched specifically on the replay. Holmes intentionally ran out of bounds IN FRONT of the receiver to not have to touch him.
i replayed that at least five times. ran all the way over to WR and then just went out of bounds. three wake DBs there and the guy gets pushed towards the endzone from the back

When you have a decent start, finish the season strong, and play above expectations that's one thing. To come out and have one of the best starts in the program's history, make it all the way to a #10 national ranking, and then fall completely on your face, will make that shit sting for a long, long time

Back