• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Schedules Maryland Home & Home 2030-31

Meh, it's fine but not very exciting. Predictable move.

Jesus people, get a grip. This is a far more interesting matchup than many others that we have scheduled in the coming years. I too would like to play Georgia, Oregon, and Ohio State, but in the absence of that, this matchup is just fine.

It’s middle tier of Big Ten opponents I’d like to play but we’ve had series against the ones I’m even less interested in playing (Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers). We’ve never played Illinois and only one game vs. Minnesota in 1968 so those would be interesting in that respect. But Maryland has some old heat and is a good location.

The world moves on I guess. And in Clawson we trust.

But I sure hate this series. I love the one with Ole Miss. As a fan, there is nothing better than Oxford, Mississippi and nothing worse than College Park, Maryland. I guess I'll just find something better to do that weekend so I don't bitch the whole time.

I'd like to see us have series against beatable teams we've never really played. Colorado, Kentucky, Oregon State, Arizona, Arkansas, Mizzou, Illinois, UCLA, Iowa State, TCU

But again, long time fan enjoyment ought be at the bottom of the totem pole here. If Clawson thinks this helps recruiting, good on him.

I agree with this. I would much rather play the teams listed than play Maryland.

It’s middle tier of Big Ten opponents I’d like to play but we’ve had series against the ones I’m even less interested in playing (Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers). We’ve never played Illinois and only one game vs. Minnesota in 1968 so those would be interesting in that respect. But Maryland has some old heat and is a good location.

After Cal Stoll led the Wake to back-to-back winning seasons and an ACC championship in '70/'71, Minnesota poached him which led to almost a decade of futility for the Deacs. Would love to give them a beatdown to settle the score.

After Cal Stoll led the Wake to back-to-back winning seasons and an ACC championship in '70/'71, Minnesota poached him which led to almost a decade of futility for the Deacs. Would love to give them a beatdown to settle the score.

Cal Stoll is from MN and played there.

Losing Cal Stoll to Minnesota was a disappointing but predictable outcome of his two successful years at Wake that included the first ACC championship for Wake.

I would rather no one in the ACC, including Wake, ever played Maryland again. Would much prefer Army, other service academies, other random weak P5 teams.

Back