• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

This is not an offensive park, so we need to win a game tonight like 5-4 something along those lines. We have the pitching advantage, no matter how you look at it. They did have their bats come alive a little last night. Tenn played like shit but Crews hit a bomb they had some good hits. We won't shut them out they will score. That being said we need more than 3 runs tonight. We cannot keep playing with fire. Need to make them feel us early and often. Suck the energy out of them because if they get up a few runs and know Skenes is coming tomorrow the whole building will feel that.

bet you wouldn't talk like that about any other race. . . . just saying.

and if you wouldn't, then pipe down.

Now, I dont like Tommy White's attitude either, but trashing the "white guy" is just your safe space
especially when you don't know the kid at all. I've known this kid since he as 12. absolutely everything you are saying is just flat out incorrect.
"adults" shitting on college kids behind an internet message board is lame as hell

is there any chance the keener stuff is a smokescreen and we end up going with sullivan instead?

honestly i doubt it, but feels like giving away our starter is something LSU can gameplan for

gonna let this one die here.

but don't assume that I don't really care or understand sports or want to talk with folks who don't, the complete opposite is true. I've been on these boards since 2004, but had to restart a new account several years ago and haven't just "meandered over here recently." I just don't post very often and am here for the good info/discussion.

I just took the opportunity to stand up to an ignorant comment, that is all.
Bravo, sir. The message board justice league awards you 7 virtue points.

is there any chance the keener stuff is a smokescreen and we end up going with sullivan instead?

honestly i doubt it, but feels like giving away our starter is something LSU can gameplan for
most teams know who a starter is going to be throughout the season. If being deceptive about it was an advantage more teams would do that, so not sure it's a huge advantage.
They have scouting reports on every pitcher/player. And i'm sure they expect to see both Sullivan and Keener tonight. so if Sully was warming up, they'd just look at their notebook and adjust.

This is not an offensive park, so we need to win a game tonight like 5-4 something along those lines. We have the pitching advantage, no matter how you look at it. They did have their bats come alive a little last night. Tenn played like shit but Crews hit a bomb they had some good hits. We won't shut them out they will score. That being said we need more than 3 runs tonight. We cannot keep playing with fire. Need to make them feel us early and often. Suck the energy out of them because if they get up a few runs and know Skenes is coming tomorrow the whole building will feel that.
The key will be long sustained at bats early and often. Our biggest advantage is rest. We have to put pressure on their pitch counts.

Was shocked we only scored 3 against so So pitchers (granted Floyd’s heater was on Mon night) in last game after only 3 against a so so Cardinal pitcher. I think we light them up tonight and score double digits while holding tiggers to less than 5.

Was shocked we only scored 3 against so So pitchers (granted Floyd’s heater was on Mon night) in last game after only 3 against a so so Cardinal pitcher. I think we light them up tonight and score double digits while holding tiggers to less than 5.
I hope you’re right. This park just doesn’t seem to play like that for any of the teams here, and pretty much all of us can score runs. To rack up double digit runs pretty much the whole lineup would need to be hitting at a pretty high clip.

If the wind is blowing in again we aren't getting to double digits.

Guys were tattooing the ball yesterday with the wind blowing in and only a couple even got to the warning track that I saw. Now Brock’s homer against Stanford was gone anyways but it’s gonna be rough to get one out. Time for Seth and Sully to shine and send us to the title series

We have 7 guys available

Tomorrow will like be some combo of Money, Coleman, Herring.

Coleman is the best of the three but he hasn’t pitched much because he just came back from injury a few weeks ago.
Money - 6'7" 240 RHP, 31.2 IP, 5.97 ERA, last pitched 1.1 inning vs. UK in the Supers, before that last appearance 5/20 (so he has 1.1 IP in a month)
Coleman - 6'2" 205 LHP, 12 IP, 6.75 ERA, last pitched 0.2 inning at aTm 5/26, has 0.2 IP in last month - to Barry's point, limited by injury, was 2021 Eugene Regional all-tournament team as a freshman
Herring - 6'2" 195 LHP, freshman, 2022 HS All-American, 29.2 IP, 4.55 ERA, last pitched 3.0 IP vs Oregon State on 6/5, has 4.1 IP over the last month

What are the thoughts on the park overall? I'm not a huge fan of the CWS game being this drastically different from the regular season. Everyone plays the same park I know, not complaining don't think it's an advantage or disadvantage I just don't like it as much.

I think while it’s a different style than teams play all year that it’s ultimately a fair test because with bats being the dominant force throughout the year it forces a well rounded team to ultimately come out on top across the entirety of the NCAA tournament

Money - 6'7" 240 RHP, 31.2 IP, 5.97 ERA, last pitched 1.1 inning vs. UK in the Supers, before that last appearance 5/20 (so he has 1.1 IP in a month)
Coleman - 6'2" 205 LHP, 12 IP, 6.75 ERA, last pitched 0.2 inning at aTm 5/26, has 0.2 IP in last month - to Barry's point, limited by injury, was 2021 Eugene Regional all-tournament team as a freshman
Herring - 6'2" 195 LHP, freshman, 2022 HS All-American, 29.2 IP, 4.55 ERA, last pitched 3.0 IP vs Oregon State on 6/5, has 4.1 IP over the last month
Is the lack of work for money and Coleman good or bad? Wouldn’t think they can handle a heavy workload without working up to it, right?

Back