• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

I think Cooper and Hurd could go if they had to for an inning or so.

Floyd, Skenes, and Ackenhausen are almost certainly out unless if bizarre circumstances come into play.

We've got to take advantage of this.

Believe I read that LSU recently pulled off the 3 straight wins to make the final after getting into the losers bracket. We absolutely don’t even want to give them a glimmer of hope. Let’s end this tonight and punch our ticket.

So Barry cited Money, Coleman (who isn't on the chart), and Herring, but Guidry should also be likely unless he has tweaked something

Looks like realistically they've got 4 pitchers available? Cooper through 40 last night, but I guess he'd be able to throw an inning or so as well.
It only lists pitchers that have thrown since 6/2. LSU is planning on pitching some guys tonight that have not done that

Pierce has been pretty good at 2, so I hesitate to move him back down. Maybe Lucas before Corona to give a good shot at getting a guy on with speed for him to drive in?
I think there is something to be said for two smaller zones for less tested arms and increasing the odds of having a speedster or two on base for the bash brothers out of the gate, but you're probably right. It's not like Bennett is slow.

gonna let this one die here.

but don't assume that I don't really care or understand sports or want to talk with folks who don't, the complete opposite is true. I've been on these boards since 2004, but had to restart a new account several years ago and haven't just "meandered over here recently." I just don't post very often and am here for the good info/discussion.

I just took the opportunity to stand up to an ignorant comment, that is all.
This board wasn’t around in 2004. The other one was though as Scout.

What are the thoughts on the park overall? I'm not a huge fan of the CWS game being this drastically different from the regular season. Everyone plays the same park I know, not complaining don't think it's an advantage or disadvantage I just don't like it as much.
I agree with you and think it’s dumb.

I agree with you and think it’s dumb.

What are the thoughts on the park overall? I'm not a huge fan of the CWS game being this drastically different from the regular season. Everyone plays the same park I know, not complaining don't think it's an advantage or disadvantage I just don't like it as much.
It seems like a nice ballpark, and I think I like the idea of "Omaha" as a cultural thing much better than the nondescript corporate sponsored landscape of college football. It's just weird that they built it the way they did. Seems like a different orientation would cure a lot of ills, but that submarine has left port already.

Is the lack of work for money and Coleman good or bad? Wouldn’t think they can handle a heavy workload without working up to it, right?

you would think so, but their first fat lefty yesterday hadn't been pitching at all and was able to go 7 ip, so who knows.

It seems like a nice ballpark, and I think I like the idea of "Omaha" as a cultural thing much better than the nondescript corporate sponsored landscape of college football. It's just weird that they built it the way they did. Seems like a different orientation would cure a lot of ills, but that submarine has left port already.
i would imagine it plays differently at different times of year. it was built for the CWS, Creighton, and in the hopes of having the Omaha Storm Chasers play there. So if they built for full season that would explain the orientation, etc.

Back