• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Double play there is a bit of a bummer, but getting 3 runs out of that inning will certainly work. It sounds like ND had 2 midweek games this week, so they may not have much left in their bullpen. This one could get out of hand depending on how their coach decides to manage his bullpen.

It would be nice for Sullivan to give us 7 IP and then we can use some low leverage arms to wrap this one up.

These announcers blow. They talk about what happens about 30 seconds after the fact.

I was talking bad about Wilken's glove last weekend, but he has actually made some nice plays over there today.

He's still pretty likely a 1B in the pros, but he's at least an average college 3B

On days when Cueto (or Lee) and Houston are getting on base, it's going to be tough for opposing pitchers. Gonna be lots of double digit run totals on days like that

Did the announcer just say that Notre Dame has played every one of their games so far on the road?

I mean... why on earth would you want to play college baseball at a school in the north?

Yeah they mostly all play the first month on the road. The committee gives a lot of leeway to northern schools on the bubble since the win totals are largely deflated due to the home/road breakdown.

Yeah they mostly all play the first month on the road. The committee gives a lot of leeway to northern schools on the bubble since the win totals are largely deflated due to the home/road breakdown.
I knew that they played most of their games on the road for the first couple of weeks, but I didn't realize that stretched into mid to late March.

Although it's 21 degrees in South Bend right now so fair enough I guess

So it looks like we're going to make it through a DH against an ACC school with:

Lowder 7 IP
Roland 0.2 IP
Minacci 1.1 IP

Sullivan 6 IP
Keener 2 IP
Walter/Ariola/Ray (?) 1 IP

That will certainly work. Leaves us with probably the entire bullpen (- Keener?) for tomorrow

Ariola strikes me as a guy that will make a huge jump from year one to year two. He throws hard and has good stuff, just needs some polish as a pitcher.

Glad we did what we couldn't do last weekend and got the Saturday sweep. Let's finish the job tomorrow

Next week should be interesting. Home game against Elon (who just beat NC State) and then a weekend home series against Miami.

Miami took 2/3 from NC State and has taken the first two from VT this weekend. They have a couple bad midweek losses but have been pretty good on the weekends so far. That's going to be an important series to win if we want to challenge for winning the ACC this season.

Back