• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

amazing that even with cecere out, we can’t get talented guys like corona and reinisch into the lineup.

not even talking about kyle joye who has a 1.150 OPS in his career at wake (granted under 100 PAs)

For those of us who couldn't see the game, can anyone give a quick rundown of how the last 2-3 innings played out? Sounds like it was an exciting finish.

So clemsons pitcher is also batting cleanup?! Don’t see that past middle school very often.

I don't understand why this dude isn't their Friday starter. Maybe they think they would only win 1 game and thought today against Hartle was their best chance? He has good stuff and decent velo.

So clemsons pitcher is also batting cleanup?! Don’t see that past middle school very often.
He is their 1st baseman when not pitching apparently. I think Louisville had a dude a few years ago that got drafted real high. And would have been drafted as a pitcher or hitter if he gave up 1 of them.

*Brenden McKay is who I was thinking about. He was drafted 4th overall by the Rays in '17

Ha fucking ha. That dude was bitching about that pitch being out and got rung up for pitch clock. Welcome to our day yesterday. Except that pitch was way way better than what we had to deal with.

We are watching way too many belt high fast balls early in count. Way too many.

Back