• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Well if McGraw doesn’t go down then one of Sullivan/Hartle isn’t on the weekends anymore.

Maybe they’d be weekend BP and Keener would be midweek, but either of Sullivan/Hartle would have ludicrous stats pitching against midweek opponents. Although then again Keener probably would too.

I'm sure it depends on the pitcher, but from what I can tell a lot / most of the time you end moving your next best pitchers (outside of the weekend) into the pen. E.g. Minacci has been a guy who I know has been mentioned as a possible weekend starter, and Keener was our primary weekend starter last year. I've heard mid-week starters almost being treated as good soliders who are willing to accept that role for the good of the team (I think Sorenson was describing Mascolo like that). I think closer --> weekend rotation is not an uncommon path.

I thought the outburst in Game 1 at Louisville was going to be a turning point for the bats, and it may still be, but not much the last 23 innings

Back