• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Wonder if WF baseball has every hosted a top 10 OOC matchup. #2 v. #6 is huge.

Wonder if WF baseball has every hosted a top 10 OOC matchup. #2 v. #6 is huge.
So who do we see taking the mound Tuesday? I know Sullivan and Keener pitched just over 3 innings Friday, but still not sure you want to put them back out there on only 3 days rest even with limited pitch count? Start with Reed but with a short leash and use your bullpen more? Definitely would like the W as definitely helps the super regional resume.

So who do we see taking the mound Tuesday? I know Sullivan and Keener pitched just over 3 innings Friday, but still not sure you want to put them back out there on only 3 days rest even with limited pitch count? Start with Reed but with a short leash and use your bullpen more? Definitely would like the W as definitely helps the super regional resume.
Apparently we also were the bad news bears last time with 7 ERRORS giving up 9 unearned runs so hard to say how Reed really fared against them last time as he only went 2 innings, but 6 of the unearned runs were credited to him.

This is a huge game for us. Coastal is better than they were when they beat us previously. This is our chance to show we are worthy of our lofty ranking. I hope we are up to it…but ya’ll know how I feel about hope.

Would think that one of the reasons WF took Sullivan out early (3.1 innings) on Friday would be to use him in a midweek game. Guessing WF wishes they were playing App on Tuesday and CC on Wednesday.

Keener has been so dominant; sucks that WF "wasted" 3.2 shutout innings from Keener in Friday's loss, while understanding that WF dominated the Pitt pitching staff after Friday. Not thrilled with the idea of Mascolo starting against Coastal given that he has given up 13 runs in his last 16 innings against lineups far less potent than Coastal (High Point, Elon, App and Liberty).

Someone mentioned that Walter said Keener was gonna start against Coastal.

Someone mentioned that Walter said Keener was gonna start against Coastal.
Definitely missed that and like that as our option and would assume Sullivan is also available for a few innings if only 2 games the coming weekend with Lowder and Hartle going for those? Then App you go with Reed and usual cast of characters for the typical midweek rotation.

Keener has been ridiculously good this year. By the numbers, he has been WF best pitcher.

38.2 2 IP 19 H 9 BB 50 Ks --- THREE EARNED RUNS given up. No homeruns surrendered. .143 BA against 0.70 ERA 0.72 WHIP. He's given up 1 run since March 11.

Back