• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Public is all over Wake. The line I got like an hour ago is already -325 on DraftKings, -375 on BetMGM.

In the other game in Winston today, northeastern is the second biggest favorite period of the day at -550. Campbell is the biggest against CCSU

Campbell’s unfortunately about to get run out of Columbia if they don’t turn it around quickly. Down 3-0 to CCS, T5.

Who do we want to win this game? Do we care? Better for the stronger NE to be eliminated or stick around to use more of maryland’s bullpen?

Who do we want to win this game? Do we care? Better for the stronger NE to be eliminated or stick around to use more of maryland’s bullpen?
Probably better for Wake that George Mason wins.

Wake would likely destroy GM tomorrow with Hartle on the mound should Wake win today and GM eliminate Maryland tomorrow. And if Wake loses today, I like our odds better against Mason than NE with Mascolo on the mound. If we end up playing NE in an elimination game we’d probably have to throw Hartle or Sullivan.

Maryland probably would have the same bullpen usage against either of these two teams tomorrow if they were up against elimination.

Wake went 21-2 OOC throwing midweek guys against their midweek guys. Wake would be a massive favorite over George Mason. Although NE isn’t doing a damn thing so….really it is what it is lol

This guy for Wright State has pitches a gem. Wright down 1-0 on B7. UNC outfielder absolutely robbed Wright State of a 2 run HR.

How coaches decide to manage their pitching is so fascinating to me.

Does the loser of Maryland/Wake throw their next best starter against GM? Or do they understand that you have to win multiple games to win the regional and save your best guy for the (much) more difficult matchup?

If Wake loses today, do they risk getting bounced by George Mason by not even throwing Josh Hartle? Or do you throw Hartle against Mason and just figure it out with other guys for two straight must-win games against Maryland?

How coaches decide to manage their pitching is so fascinating to me.

Does the loser of Maryland/Wake throw their next best starter against GM? Or do they understand that you have to win multiple games to win the regional and save your best guy for the (much) more difficult matchup?

If Wake loses today, do they risk getting bounced by George Mason by not even throwing Josh Hartle? Or do you throw Hartle against Mason and just figure it out with other guys for two straight must-win games against Maryland?

If I were Wake and we lost today, I'd be throwing Hartle out there against GMU. The loser of today's games are in a tough spot tomorrow - you're looking at either playing 18 innings or going home. Assuming you would start Hartle, who should be able to go 7 innings, which means you've got a pretty full bullpen for a game that I'd assume Sullivan starts at night. Then Sunday it's an all hands in effort.

But let's just go win tonight and start Hartle at 6 pm tomorrow night and not worry about it.

Welp at UNC with a 3 run HR. Maybe that's why you don't pitch a guy 115 pitches

I’m dumbfounded at how bad Campbell’s offense has been.

NCST shut them down yesterday and they have 0 scored runs thru 6.1 innings against a team that USC just hung 19 runs on yesterday

Edit: They finally scored and are still threatening

Back