• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

This choke job is almost painful to watch.

I’m trying to go back and look, but was there any info here about the big fight I’m seeing mentioned on Twitter and Reddit that occurred after the game? Sounds like some Bama fans basically jumped a WF fan in the stadium.

His sister and a few other people helped to save his life. Wellman may have helped a little.

…Eventually, the kids nudged their dad toward Winston-Salem, North Carolina, where his Ph.D. sister was high on the food chain at Wake Forest University.

He was still drinking, even if he often claimed he wasn’t. Just for the human contact, he’d sometimes step outside his rented condo to the mail drop, where postman Rick Gfeller recognized a soul headed for the dead-letter office.

“I’d see him periodically. Sometimes, he had a backpack,” says Gfeller, 66. “I knew the only place he could be walking from was the liquor store, and I’d say, ‘You got a load there. ... Want me to help you dump it?’”

Gfeller invited him to the massive Christmas pageant at his church in 2011. Sorensen said he might show, but he didn’t mean it. Then he ignored invitations to Calvary Baptist for Easter, Independence Day and the following Christmas, when he actually accepted tickets before his good intentions were washed away by a dedicated bout of drinking…

Well, like I said, Sorensen said Ron Wellman saved his life. Probably took more than one person to do so.

Part of me is feeling hella #nervous watching this. Then another part of me is grateful our bullpen isn’t a duffel bag full of diarrhea left in a hot car in July for three hours.

I’m trying to go back and look, but was there any info here about the big fight I’m seeing mentioned on Twitter and Reddit that occurred after the game? Sounds like some Bama fans basically jumped a WF fan in the stadium.
Is there a link to this on twitter? Saw some stuff from the press box and heard a few things but nothing to this extent.

Back