• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

I’m trying to go back and look, but was there any info here about the big fight I’m seeing mentioned on Twitter and Reddit that occurred after the game? Sounds like some Bama fans basically jumped a WF fan in the stadium.
The story I heard from the Wake fan involved corroborates your statement. He was tailgating with us today. The Bama fan came up and grabbed him by the shirt.

Is there a link to this on twitter? Saw some stuff from the press box and heard a few things but nothing to this extent.
The Barstool Deacs account tweeted about it and then it was mentioned on the Reddit postgame thread.

This is the correct bracketry as shown on ESPN
I mean it makes sense. The winner of the 1/16 seed regionals faces the winner of the 8/9 seed regionals.

I still think it’s dumb that they don’t do reseeding. Maybe too much work for the supers, but it should be done for the 8 CWS teams to balance each side of the bracket.

I mean it makes sense. The winner of the 1/16 seed regionals faces the winner of the 8/9 seed regionals.

I still think it’s dumb that they don’t do reseeding. Maybe too much work for the supers, but it should be done for the 8 CWS teams to balance each side of the bracket.
This isn’t insurmountable, but you’d really need to start all of the Super Regionals on the same day to reseed for the CWS.

This isn’t insurmountable, but you’d really need to start all of the Super Regionals on the same day to reseed for the CWS.
I don’t understand why this isn’t done anyways. There are only 8 supers. Just space it out so that there’s constantly 2-3 games on.

Agree; I wouldn't object to re-seeding each side of the bracket at least since those Supers each start on the same day.

LSU-Kentucky starting at 10:06 tonight.

Will be interesting to see if/when they resume Tennessee/Southern Miss. Forecast of thunderstorms until around midnight, but they're in the fifth inning and we have set a precedent for 2 am baseball.

Back