• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Looks like Rhett's been dealing with a virus the past few days...

Words from Walter "It's a great win for our team and I am just really proud of our guys. I told them after the game, if you are going to have a chance to win this thing, you are probably going to need to win a game where you do not play very well. I felt like we were tight early and nervous, and kind of got out of our plan offensively. We did not have great at-bats for the first seven innings, but you have to give credit to Stanford's pitching. Joey Dixon and Drew Dowd did a great job and kind of held us at bay. We did just enough. Rhett Lowder did not have his great stuff as he has been battling a little virus the last couple of days, but he pitched through his mistakes and gave us a chance to win like he always does. Obviously, Brock Wilken getting us on the board with that homer in the second. And then, Danny Corona. What can I say about his at-bat other than clutch in that situation. It was a great timeout by Bill Cilento. He kind of pulled Danny down there, calmed him down and got him back to swinging on the top-half of the ball and kept him in the middle of the field there. Our bullpen with Sean Sullivan and Seth Keener did what they've done for us all year. Camden Minacci comes in pitch-after-pitch and gets that double play ball at the end there. Great team win and I'm really proud of our guys."

My son spilled my beer all over me like 30 seconds before the delay. I looked up and it was in commercial so assumed we got the 3rd out.

Had totally forgotten to put on a Wake shirt this morning but I found it in the laundry basket and threw it on. I will make sure the shirt I wore last Sunday is clean for Mon.
No you won’t! You will put it right back in that laundry basket until putting it back on at game time.

@DeaconCav06 just met someone who knows you and your wife (he got confused when I saw he was a UF fan and I said I was pulling for them because I was from FL and had lots of friend me who went there - thought I went to UF). I think he texted your wife.

Have any of our on the ground posters or writers given us a Wake crowd size estimate?

Not everybody has the luxury of outstanding pitchers that Wakw has.

dollander is the better prospect but you could argue he’s not that much better than ty floyd, and lsu has the much better offense.

imo you want to get lsu out as fast as possible, and they have the best offense and skenes could go again potentially

One one hand these first three innings feel like LSU is the far superior team. On the other its only 2-0

Would LSU pitch him again on Wednesday or Thursday?

Back