• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

There are a lot of LSU fans online complaining about the strike zone lol.

If you even try to make the argument that ump’s zone was favorable to either team you have insane bias. Dude just sucked ass
The ump‘s strike zone was equally horrible for both sides. We made 2 big fielding errors and walked too many and still found a way to win.

Yeah so I’d rather just play Tenn and not think about it.
Tennessee’s pitching is deep, which scares me.

LSU is a better team, but they’d have to beat us twice and can only throw Skenes once.

It would be really dope if we could get a big lead and save one of Keener or Sullivan. How about throwing Mascalo for a few.
I mean if we win Wednesday, then we get Thursday and Friday off, and Saturday would be Rhett Lowder day.

No real need to think about saving anyone

It was bullshit filler, but Skeenes impressed me. He’s our kind of kid.
Yeah, I thought he came across pretty well in that interview, not his fault it was too long and the announcers were ignoring the game.

This team is really fun. Seems like the timeout in the at bat just before the game winning RBI was essentially a “this worked the other day” joke. Those guys were all smiles in the highest pressure moment. And it worked again. (edited for clarity)

Last edited:
Tennessee’s pitching is deep, which scares me.

LSU is a better team, but they’d have to beat us twice and can only throw Skenes once.
Their starter tonight was very good until he fell off the cliff. But I think we have a huge advantage in the bullpen against everyone except maybe Florida.

Yeah Florida and Wake I think went into Omaha the two teams that had the only real chances of winning out of losers bracket. Instead they are last two in winners.

Back