• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Real difference I see so far is pitching. We are not imploding when relievers come in...not an avalanche of WPs, PBs, HPs, etc.

Last several years we've had the mentality to just out-slug the opponent to win.
Now,, if we can work on some small ball and defensive hitting, I think we can become an elite team.

Need Danny to get off the snide. Batting averages are ok so far to get Ws when pitching is strong like today. Would love to see some half swing bloopers over the infield for some singles when we are struggling to get hits. Other teams (e.g. ND, Clemson, GT)...seem to do this well.
We are still swinging for the fence on every swing, it seems.

Real difference I see so far is pitching. We are not imploding when relievers come in...not an avalanche of WPs, PBs, HPs, etc.

Last several years we've had the mentality to just out-slug the opponent to win.
Now,, if we can work on some small ball and defensive hitting, I think we can become an elite team.

Need Danny to get off the snide. Batting averages are ok so far to get Ws when pitching is strong like today. Would love to see some half swing bloopers over the infield for some singles when we are struggling to get hits. Other teams (e.g. ND, Clemson, GT)...seem to do this well.

Are you saying that you think “half swing bloopers” is a “skill” that we should try to emulate, or that you wish we could some lucky cheap hits?

Attended the game and loved the crowd. The team fed off the noise. Grandson with me is a pitcher and was intrigued by Rowland and his routine. I suspect some of it will show in his next few school and travel games.
Fun crowd today for sure! Let’s hope we continue to pack it. I’ll try to make as many as possible!

Taking my family to the game tomorrow, how much are tickets? $15?

Wake has a flex plan for baseball this year, you can get 10 vouchers for $40 and exchange them online for ten general admission tickets for any remaining game(s) except Friday and Saturday vs State. Definitely a better deal if you plan to go to at least a couple more games this year. You can also get 10+ flex reserved tickets at $5 each instead of $15 each.

Wake has a flex plan for baseball this year, you can get 10 vouchers for $40 and exchange them online for ten general admission tickets for any remaining game(s) except Friday and Saturday vs State. Definitely a better deal if you plan to go to at least a couple more games this year. You can also get 10+ flex reserved tickets at $5 each instead of $15 each.

Thank you very much! This saved me money and now I have 5 more tickets to use for the rest of the season.

not really sure what game you were watching today regarding our hitting approach.

I just can’t explain how bad a baseball take this is.

You actually are advocating for more half swing bloopers ? WTAF is happening here ?!?!

Ball go far, team go far. Get on base. Hit it over the fence.

Back