• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

There we go, BLee (assisted by State)
(Or not, with a very generous home scorer)

Two hard hit balls, 98 pitches, and a lefty to plate. Would have liked to see Sullivan there.

Keener. Wonder what the plan is for Sullivan (saw on Twitter that Hartle is starting game 2).

Available for action. With Lowder going so many pitches I think he moves to Next Sat.

Wilken has just been a SO machine in conference play.

Wilken has just been a SO machine in conference play.

he was last year as well. he has done really well at the cape so i don’t think it’s fair to say he can’t hit quality pitching, but definitely a concern

he was last year as well. he has done really well at the cape so i don’t think it’s fair to say he can’t hit quality pitching, but definitely a concern
I think you can easily get more HR happy with a metal bat (and in our ballpark).

Again, not sure why Katz or Cueto are not at DH. Reinisch is a free out every time through the lineup.

Amazing how losing 2 people can make a deep lineup feel extremely subpar.

i think cueto has earned the spot for sure, but with the DH makes sense for lee to play one game.

reinisch is tricky since he was so good last year and in the summer, so you’ve gotta think he will turn it around, but he hasn’t yet and hard to leave katz on the bench

Again, not sure why Katz or Cueto are not at DH. Reinisch is a free out every time through the lineup.
Lefty-righty matchups! But, for real, managers overthink this shit. I wouldn’t be surprised if that is why.

Back