• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Seth Keener sucks.

See, it's easy to do.

ETA: I love you Seth Keener, but one time one of your teammates was ice cold at the plate and I suggested subbing in another player for him and this guy WindyCity (sounds sexual but I don't want to make any assumptions) turned it into a whole act and it went on for weeks, and so I'm just mocking him not actually saying you suck.

since you keep bringing it up, i think the issue is that there’s no way anyone could look at corona’s game by game stats for the past month and identify a stretch when he “was ice cold.”

his longest stretch without a homer was five games, and in those games he hit 5-14 with a BB and 2B.

Last edited:
I can never tell if Windy is just doing schtick or trying to be funny. But, I have noticed that there are some extreme passionate WFU baseball defenders in the ranks. If you dare mention a concern, an observance, a potential speed bump, you are immediately trashed and banished to the outer rim. Hard to discuss this awesome Wake baseball team freely. And it's baseball, it's fun to nitpick and rear view mirror managers decisions, pitching performances, and slumps at the plate. I have about 3 or 4 trends that I do not like that are happening with the baseball team right now, but no way will I voice them on here or Les' boards. With that said, I hope the Deacs keep on dominating. As a Wake fan for 40+ years, not sure I have ever had more fun.

I have about 3 or 4 trends that I do not like that are happening with the baseball team right now, but no way will I voice them on here or Les' boards.
I would love to hear 3-4 significant things you could find to nitpick about a team that just won their regional by a combined score of 48-7 and is the undisputed #1 team in the country.

I mean some of you guys seem to get more joy out of finding inane things to nitpick and argue about than you do the team actually winning.

I have about 3 or 4 trends that I do not like that are happening with the baseball team right now, but no way will I voice them on here or Les' boards.
You can't tease us like this. Spit it out!

I would love to hear 3-4 significant things you could find to nitpick about a team that just won their regional by a combined score of 48-7 and is the undisputed #1 team in the country.

I mean some of you guys seem to get more joy out of finding inane things to nitpick and argue about than you do the team actually winning.
Who said I was arguing?!?! I think it is fine to discuss things, freely. Damn, banished to the outer rim.

The fact that we didn't get a home run from Nick or Brock last weekend almost certainly signals that the season is over.
Hard to hit, when they are basically intentionally walked every time at bat - Hello JJ!

Who said I was arguing?!?! I think it is fine to discuss things, freely. Damn, banished to the outer rim.
If you’ve got negative nitpicks to post about a team this dominant, you clearly are just looking to argue.

When posting opinions that are the clear minority, “discussing freely” is literally just arguing or trying to be contrarian because you think it’s cool.

If you’ve got negative nitpicks to post about a team this dominant, you clearly are just looking to argue.

When posting opinions that are the clear minority, “discussing freely” is literally just arguing or trying to be contrarian because you think it’s cool.
Apologies, sir. I am not intending on arguing. Pointing out trends isn't necessarily negative, either. But, you have proven my point.

Rhett’s a finalist for the Dick Howser

uradick-dickhead.gif

Apologies, sir. I am not intending on arguing. Pointing out trends isn't necessarily negative, either. But, you have proven my point.
I don’t know what the elitist message board poster vibe that you’re going for is, but it’s weird man.

If you’ve got things that you want to say and try to defend your thoughts, nobody is stopping you. If you’re not interested in having the conversation, stop doing whatever it is that this is

Keener’s numbers were so ridiculous I was not going to be surprised to see them get slightly worse whether he stayed in relief or started. I mean there was not much room for improvement. I have not heard a persuasive argument for why his bullpen success would not translate to starting though.

Back