• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Have to unfortunately report that @vtwhat etc seems like a decent enough dude.

Anybody inserting themselves into a conversation about Billy is good by my book.

That was fun, exciting, nerve wracking.

Reading through the last few pages…no, not very breezy in the park but there were occasional breezes punctuating the calm.

It was hot. And sunny. Lots of folks gonna be nursing sunburns.

Overall the atmosphere and fans were great. Not sure how it translated onto TV.

That was not an easy win. Going to have to play really well from here on out to advance, for sure.

Typical observation…A lot of you guys clearly outkicked your coverage.
We will win by 10+ tomorrow. Take it to the Couch.

Didn't know this. I believe in salvation and I've also been in alcohol rehab. Not a big man (5'7) but got down to 123lbs before rehab while still doing hs football radio play by play...never missed a game, never drinking/drunk. Seems Larry not drinking on air since I've been listening. He's better on baseball than fb but we all have our plusses and minuses. Go Deacs!
Don't usually read back through live-game posts but this piqued my interest.

Lary obviously made a ton of mistakes and if you know him, he has no problem admitting that. One of the most self-deprecating, honest, down-to-earth people I know and pours in time and energy getting to know Wake's players and coaches so that he can bring little bits of extra insight to his broadcasts. He also served his time.

The above is correct, Lary doesn't drink.

The shtick was kinda amusing but man, fuck all the way off on this one @WindyCityDeac

Lary obviously made a ton of mistakes and if you know him, he has no problem admitting that. One of the most self-deprecating, honest, down-to-earth people I know and pours in time and energy getting to know Wake's players and coaches so that he can bring little bits of extra insight to his broadcasts. He also served his time.

The shtick was kinda amusing but man, fuck all the way off on this one @WindyCityDeac
Been sober since '09. He is a recovered alcoholic. I would expect he attended AA to help him conquer this affliction. Really enjoy his insight and professionalism with Stan this season. Those two guys are much better than the ESPN crowd.

I’ll take that. I was out of line on this.

Back