• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

it just seems odd that the bracket sets up to give another team an extra day's rest, especially when a lower seed. I'm not sure how to change it but feels like something could be done.
I think only way you avoid it is if you reseed once Omaha starts

Didnt we want the Saturday slot? I thought I read somewhere that it was our preference

Can anyone recommend a VPN to use tonight to access the game from Ireland?

I believe that the last few years Bracket 1 has started Friday which would be the bracket the top seed was in.

If we had the Friday slot, then Skenes would have had five days’ rest between his first game and tomorrows game. Not ideal for us.
So would Lowder though so it's a wash as far as a team's top starter is concerned against other teams in the bracket

So would Lowder though so it's a wash as far as a team's top starter is concerned against other teams in the bracket

but our strength is our depth of pitching, not Lowder vs. Skenes. I don't want to face a rested Skenes.

Lowder's first game was Saturday. If we make the championship series he will pich on Saturday with a full week of rest just as he has done all year long.

Back