• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Plenty of opportunities for both teams, only one instance of doing maximal damage, but thats all it took.

lol, anyone who’s preached patience on here the last few days should be embarrassed. These guys may as well be taking at bats in my living room. Lucky as hell to win the first 2. Will look good on the wall that we got to Omaha but that’s it we didn’t even really make the trip.

No confidence in our Rake Forest offense. We left it in W-S. We’ve played hard gritty baseball and grinded out two big wins. But my god we look lost at the plate. Just low confidence at bats and looking at wayyyy too many pitches. It’s like we are hoping for walks rather than wanting to mash the ball.

Gotta bounce back tomorrow -- Can't win many games scoring 2 runs. The lack of a pitching change and subsequent deficit early set the tone, but they had PLENTY of chances to get back to even or take the lead.

Rest up and take care of business tomorrow.

Hard to win a game, much less a championship, in the heart of your order is struggling. I believe the Deacs are going to bounce back tomorrow. But we need the middle of our lineup to step up.

Our offense has absolutely gone pee wee in Omaha. No idea why but NEVER would have guessed just 6 runs over 3 games after the way we played previous weekends. So disappointing.
Floyd and the Stanford pitcher both pitched very well against us. No shame in not hitting those guys. The pitching tonight was not that great. A lot of hanging breaking balls and nobody threw that hard. This was a choke.

Bigger choke was probably Keener though. You can tell just by his body language he was nervous and it showed. He could not locate his change up to save his life. He needs to locate that in order to be effective.

Only one HR by Deacs since coming to Omaha. Hopeful for better results tomorrow.

Back