• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

We had a really good approach at the plate today we just couldn't never buy a break.

I enjoyed this whole season immensely. Probably my most enjoyable WF season since ‘06 football. Thank y’all for the ride. And a special thanks to those of you who have been here since February (or earlier) for many years in a row. I truly enjoy our small but hardcore group of fans. Glad we had something to cheer for this year and hopefully we gained some more to our little group going forward. I already look forward to next year and unfinished business.

The bunt sucked. But it was very close and Walter looks like a genius if it worked. And the Corona near home run. It was just so close. In the end too many guys in a slump killed us.
It just needed to be between the pitcher and the first baseman or softer

The bunt sucked. But it was very close and Walter looks like a genius if it worked. And the Corona near home run. It was just so close. In the end too many guys in a slump killed us.
I don’t mind the squeeze. I don’t like the bunt before that

That took an all time great play in the squeeze to not score

We win otherwise

Yeah it was a great ride, but I wanted the whole f‘ing thing for once, just f‘ing once!!!!

Honestly, it is pretty rough not to get any kind of championship out of such a winning season.

Back