• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

This was a national championship caliber team and they fell short of the goal…so there is nothing amazing about the game just disappointment from not achieving their potential.

Our pitchers came to play. What an amazing series from our pitching staff. They did what they needed to do tonight by keeping us tied until Skenes left the game. Outstanding.

On the other hand, our hitters choked. Failing to score and really putting very little pressure on them post Skenes was unacceptable.

Pitchers came to Omaha to win a championship…they just needed a little help

This group (and probably a few others) was super fun to go on the ride with for this season. Looking forward to more good stuff during the off-season and fall ball and another great ride next year.

Just felt like we never had a chance from the outset unless we put up goose eggs...which we did for 10 innings. But 3 hits...woof. Rake Forest didn't rake jack shit in Omaha. Bats fell quiet and with the best hitter out tonight, and a lefty to boot, it felt like a slow death with a brief tease there on the bunt. I never felt like we had a chance to score unless we had the heart of the order up...which was down one man.

Somebody already said how much it sucks being a Wake fan. It really does. Best we can hope for is a conference title in the revenue sports and to maybe squeeze in a CWS every 70 years. Realignment is likely the death knell, but at least I won't have to worry about it any more once that happens. FML.
This is where I am. Sigh

Also, if you’re going to post insanely negative takes about this team, just get the fuck out of here.

We were ranked #1 and lost on the doorstep of the finals. This team didn’t disappoint anybody, and if you want to be miserable and pretend God hates Wake Forest because of this then that’s on you.
Just FYI, God definitely hates Wake Forest.

it was a fun ride for all, but especially for my bois and gals from the youngstown game:

@Pilchard
@deacon14
@Deacsfan27
@WakeForest Fan
@WindyCityDeac
@Deaconblue
@OldGouldandBlack
@Wakelaw2006
@ChrisL68
@wakelaw13
@Dkin
@CONeill
@Wakeforest22890
@vtwhat etc
@deacdixieboy
jeez there were more than i thought
@Demonwolverine
@DeacsOrDie
I very specifically remember my first post in this thread being the next day for the first Rhett start against Illinois. Hard to believe that was 3 months ago.

we never seemed to get settled on the field in Omaha. Being away for 70 years or whatever will do that. While it isn’t uncharacteristic for WF to struggle in the big game, it was uncharacteristic for a WF team to gut it out and get away with some wins. These guys are good, got baseball haters like me interested, and made us proud. Thanks for that and hopefully we’ll be back soon
Yeah tbh we didn’t really settle in the entire time and were kinda lucky to win the first two

No worries from me. We’re about to dominate the Sun Belt or whatever conference we join in a few years. Don’t worry about this. We won’t be competing in this tournament in a few years when the SEC and B10 break away. We’ll be dominating whatever tournament we’re put in based on our football fanbase.

No worries from me. We’re about to dominate the Sun Belt or whatever conference we join in a few years. Don’t worry about this. We won’t be competing in this tournament in a few yea when the SEC and B10 break away.
You come back to say this shit? Just leave.
You also don’t understand baseball. The Sunbelt is better than the Big 10 just FYI.

Back