• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

lol....Like literally my second post in this thread is now on twitter?

That's so odd. My bad for making us look bad fellas!

Either way, it was the best baseball game, at least from the pitchers, that I've seen in a long time!

Good luck to the team next season! I'll definitely try to pay attention more before the very last night of the season next year.

Hope you baseball doods don't stay bummed for too long! It'll be OK....this season can only be great for future recruiting.

GO DEACS!
It’s ok. Those bums were out to get pickles. Probably a lunatic that wants ketchup on their burger.

Sure but they named finalists. It’s like the Heisman watch list and folks invited to New York
Then LSU didn't have 3....I think they were referring to the original list.....

Maybe I saw it wrong and it was the 2 LSU & 1 Fla in the pictures, but pretty sure announcer said something like.... how good LSU was having 3...

Last edited:
Is there a rough idea of what the starting 9 will look like next year?

Game could've went either way I feel y'all yanked the ace early. I'm not gonna lie though feels could to walk off the guy who said y'all couldn't be beat. Congrats guys see you next year.
Yeah I thought Rhett had another inning in him. As it turned out overall it didn’t matter given when the game ended. But Rhett and Paul. Whewww what a game.

I will say (same thing I said a few minutes ago) that the Cam comments were clipped out of context pretty good. Obviously he said that but the question was how it felt playing on a team who had this much fun and the full 40 second answer contexualized that seeing the guys out there having a blast while he was warming up and listening to music made him say as he came onto the field how can we lose having this much fun. It’s impossible

Now that the dust is settling... can someone tell me how in the fuck Florida sits around waiting for the best two teams in America to play them for the championship? I mean, it was LSU or Wake #1 almost the entire season and those fuckers are snoozing in their hotel room waiting to play either Wake or LSU which are CLEARLY the best two teams in baseball.

Can someone please tell me how that worked out??!?! Thanks in advance!
It’s called a tournament with brackets and seedlings. Did you not watch March Madness where nary a #1 made it to the Final Four and the highest seed in the Elite 8 was a 2 seed Texas. Geez, we watched FAU & San Diego State thrill the country and 4 seed UConn kick everybody’s ass for 3 weeks.

It’s called a tournament with brackets and seedlings. Did you not watch March Madness where nary a #1 made it to the Final Four and the highest seed in the Elite 8 was a 2 seed Texas. Geez, we watched FAU & San Diego State thrill the country and 4 seed UConn kick everybody’s ass for 3 weeks.

It was a rhetorical question dumbass. The point being that LSU and Wake were CLEARLY the best two teams the entire college season.

lsu had a bad couple weeks mid season that dropped them a little in the polls and had them at the 5 seed.

Agreed wake and lsu were the best two teams all year if you discount the three weeks South Carolina got super hot and their fans acted like they were the greatest team to ever play the sport

Back