• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Jokes on you, the Darla Moore Cocks get to claim another (proxy) national title no matter who wins this weekend! They can't lose (except that they pretty much always do and have to claim other teams' success as their own) :ROFLMAO:
For sure. Big night for all the cucks in the sec who love to celebrate their not titles.

Lots of photos at the bottom of the article.

Unbelievable season. Getting to the final four and having the overall season we had is stunning. Baseball is super high variance and bowing out in an epic game with our best hitter playing hurt and having to sit the last one is nothing to be ashamed of at all. You play well to get to the final four and play as well as possible and hope for baseball luck to be on your side. Getting here is what defines how great a team is…winning it truly comes down to luck to a great extent.

Last edited:

Had a bad feeling about the elephant pitcher having drilled him in the ribs and more to it than we were led to believe.

Interesting that he dogpiled at the SUPERS. The injury explains the CWS O'fer at the dish. :(

Edit: Have to believe that we're still playing with a healthy Nick.

Last edited:
Had a bad feeling about the elephant pitcher having drilled him in the ribs and more to it than we were led to believe.

Interesting that he dogpiled at the SUPERS. The injury explains the CWS O'fer at the dish. :(

Edit: Have to believe that we're still playing with a healthy Nick.

I was worried too when it happened. I believe he had another AB that game so I assumed all was well. Defintely explains the bat appearing a bit slow

Looking forward to being at Groves/BB&T/Truist/Allegiant/whatever on August 31 when the Lady Deac golfers and the baseball team are recognized on the field.

Looking forward to being at Groves/BB&T/Truist/Allegiant/whatever on August 31 when the Lady Deac golfers and the baseball team are recognized on the field.
I don't think they are going to recognize the teams at the thursday night opening game. They'll wait for homecoming or another game with a big crowd.

I don't think they are going to recognize the teams at the thursday night opening game. They'll wait for homecoming or another game with a big crowd.
They’ll probably wait until pro ball is over for the season for baseball. It’ll be even sweeter for Rhett to come back after he is a late season call-up and looks lights out in the postseason for someone!

When do baseball schedules get released. I’d like to plan a weekend next year to go. Not necessarily in Winston.

Unbelievable season. Getting to the final four and having the overall season we had is stunning. Baseball is super high variance and bowing out in an epic game with our best hitter playing hurt and having to sit the last one is nothing to be ashamed of at all. You play well to get to the final four and play as week as possible and hope for baseball luck to be on your side. Getting here is what defines how great a team is…winning it truly comes down to luck to a great extent.
Yup. It's true in the majors as well (spoken as a life long Braves fan here lol).

Back