• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

I'll never forget the Bzdelek practice video of him patting Cavanaughs back and telling him "you're just as good as Ryan Kelly"....

What a weird weird dude that Jeff fellow was

I'll never forget the Bzdelek practice video of him patting Cavanaughs back and telling him "you're just as good as Ryan Kelly"....

What a weird weird dude that Jeff fellow was

weird but he was right, both were G-league talent

Why would a player go with Overtime Elite over G-League Ignite?

Why would a player go with Overtime Elite over G-League Ignite?

I’m not sure.

And it doesn’t feel like there is a real need for both to exist. Not a big enough supply of elite HS players to fill out both rosters.

Anyone feel good about Gortman? Feels like he ends up just out of reach. Probably FSU if I had to guess.

It’s not worth it for either to be stuck with a bunch of Top 50 guys who may or may not have an NBA future. Does the G-League even recruit? I doubt they want more than 5-10 guys a year.

I know Overtime Elite plans to pay $100K but who do they even play against? Seems like the pro equivalent of Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Academy of Quality Education fly by night private schools.

G-League Ignite or overseas makes a lot more sense.

It’s not worth it for either to be stuck with a bunch of Top 50 guys who may or may not have an NBA future. Does the G-League even recruit? I doubt they want more than 5-10 guys a year.

I know Overtime Elite plans to pay $100K but who do they even play against? Seems like the pro equivalent of Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Academy of Quality Education fly by night private schools.

G-League Ignite or overseas makes a lot more sense.

I don’t know if Ignite recruits, but I assume these high school kids would know if they have a spot there. There has to be some communication ahead of announcing a decision.

I’m kind of looking forward to watching Overtime Elite implode. A lot of money being thrown at what seems like a terrible idea.

He’s not going to college.

Damn, he went from solid high major to pro prospect pretty quick. I’m sure it blows being a college coach and putting a ton of effort into recruiting these guys right now.

Damn, he went from solid high major to pro prospect pretty quick. I’m sure it blows being a college coach and putting a ton of effort into recruiting these guys right now.

That is why many have said the sweet spot for college recruiting is guys ranked 25 - 150. Really good players who don't have quite enough notoriety to be grabbed by one of the pay for play operations.

Probably better than putting a ton of effort into recruiting a guy who you end up coaching against.

I'll probably get a lot of heat for this, but the '22 class is shaping up like a Manning class where we make a lot of lists and get some visits from top players and then ultimately have to reach down the list to get commitments.

I know it is still early, but a lot of our targets are off the table - Gortman, Phillips, Edwards, Shaver, Hood-Schifino, Nickel, etc.

Need to land at least a couple of players out of Keller, Fernandez, Dix, Essegian, Green, and Wessler.

After that, I don't even know who we're linked with... Essandoko? Brennan?

Hope I am just worrying for nothing.

Funny enough, 247 lists Paint Touches himself as Maryland's recruiter for Essandoko. They are listed as "warm" but don't think that means much. I have it on good authority that Essandoko would love to be at Wake, we'll see how that turns out soon enough.

I'll probably get a lot of heat for this, but the '22 class is shaping up like a Manning class where we make a lot of lists and get some visits from top players and then ultimately have to reach down the list to get commitments.

I know it is still early, but a lot of our targets are off the table - Gortman, Phillips, Edwards, Shaver, Hood-Schifino, Nickel, etc.

Need to land at least a couple of players out of Keller, Fernandez, Dix, Essegian, Green, and Wessler.

Hope I am just worrying for nothing.

as of now, i'm a little worried about this class

Gortman is going to make $650K playing (I assume) two seasons in a league few people even know exists. And we don’t even know if he couldn’t have made that type of NIL money while playing 2-3 times a week on ESPN.

Back