• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Mathew Marsh has now joined the official WF basketball roster. Listed as a guard/forward, he is 7'1" tall and weighs 250 pounds.

I would not worry about recruiting. Our major weakness over the past few years was having an inside presence for defense (taking up space ) and rebounding. Looks like he has addressed that and we have some good looking guards coming in as well. We have more than made up for the guys that transferred. I am happy with the roster for next season and he will fill in any holes going forward with 3 and 4 star recruits and transfers. Getting a couple of guys from over the pond during this mess is pretty sweet. It appears he is off to a very good start considering everything.

Last edited:
His official listing is 7-1, 250, F/C.

I hope they went for 7-6 doors in the Miller and Shah centers.

Marsh is the largest player we've had in recent memory, right?

Doral Moore was listed at 6'11, 230 in HS, for reference.

I would not worry about recruiting. Our major weakness over the past few years was having an inside presence for defense (taking up space ) and rebounding. Looks like he has addressed that and we have some good looking guards coming in as well. We have more than made up for the guys that transferred. I am happy with the roster for next season and he will fill in any holes going forward with 3 and 4 star recruits and transfers. Getting a couple of guys from over the pond during this mess is pretty sweet. It appears he is off to a very good start considering everything.

our major weakness the past few years has been coaching which is why I'm also not concerned about recruiting. The team assembled for this season is the deepest we have had in a very long time. Not just the amount of ACC caliber talent but the diversity in skill sets....we have ballhandlers/outside shooters/rebounders/offensive post options/players that create their own shots/defensive abilities. From early reports we also have team chemistry.

barring attrition, good coaching makes this a post season caliber team despite few (if any) of the players being recruited by elite programs.

Walton is a 7 footer. Hear he's played well in practices...

Last edited:

Back