• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Forbes has made contact so there has to be some interest. I suspect it would be at the end of the bench with an eye on next year as a replacement for Mucius. This team has chemistry and an established pecking order based on ability, practice and filling a role. They have developed as a unit since midsummer. Graham could learn and develop. He won't jump into the eight man rotation any time soon, if at all. He would be behind Marsh, Taylor and McCray. It would be all work and little reward. If he understands and accepts that reality he would be a welcomed addition and a great piece for next years squad.

He wants minutes now. He wasn't getting them at Maryland. That is the other part of why he left.

It’s going to be hard for him to get immediate minutes in December for a good team.

This is cool.

wonder if Scotty (Orangeburg) is related to Khris Middleton (Charleston)

no. Look what Forbes did with the portal this season with a crap 2020 team. It’s working well. Why mess with a good strategy?

should we be worried about the 2022 class now?

There’s no argument that we didn’t get much out of high school recruiting this year, but with the transfer portal I think we may have seen just a fundamental shift in how programs like ours construct teams going forward.

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Zach Keller Commits!

Not really. We have a four guard freshman class.

Perhaps the biggest change in recruiting due to change in coaches and the transfer portal is we won’t be recruiting top 300 randos late in the game just to fill out a class. Instead we’ll be getting transfers who can play right away.

Last edited:
seems like we need another guard at the very least, right?

First need is at least one big, because Walton and Sy will be gone. Marsh won't be able to handle the post by himself. Also a follow-on for Mucius. He may or may not
be back.

I'd be quite happy if the team does so well this year that Walton, Mucius and Williamson decide to return for another year of fun.

I'd be quite happy if the team does so well this year that Walton, Mucius and Williamson decide to return for another year of fun.

Yeah, but not sure I know what that means yet to recruiting in Portal World, like we think we’re seeing in football.

It's been said before, but recruiting high schoolers is still immensely important and we'll have more success now that our current team doesn't suck.

So I wouldn't worry about '22... No need to reach. But yeah, would like to see some successes in the '23 class. And no reason why that won't happen.

When Nick Nurse gets hired as our recruiting coordinator, I’ll know we’re finally back.

Back