• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Aaron Clark, 6’6” 2023 SG @ Brewster Academy with OV to BYU and also UV to Seton Hall and St Johns has our eye now.

It's 90% NIL, and 10% everything else.
Serious question. What is Duke doing regarding NIL? Understand they have obviously had a different level of recent/historical success. But kids aren’t playing there for free, right?

Serious question. What is Duke doing regarding NIL? Understand they have obviously had a different level of recent/historical success. But kids aren’t playing there for free, right?
My guess is that they are throwing some bags but not to the extent SEC schools are. But I think players know that if you go to Duke you will be plugged in pretty closely to Nike and get money that way.

State of North Carolina law on NIL greatly limits what Wake can do before a student t athlete enrolls.
What NC law? My understanding was that NC doesn’t have an NIL law (yet?) and the Governor’s executive order, for the most part, tracks the NCAA’s interim guidance.

I'm officially worried about Forbes' ability to recruit high school kids. Standalone top 100 commits are happening to schools without a great recent track record where it doesn't seem like NIL would really be a factor. Cincy (2- #53 and #55), UGA, IU, GT, Xavier, Wash St., Rutgers.

Count me in the group that’s concerned about our high school recruiting. Especially when a lot of us expected that to be a strength for Forbes given his lengthy history at high level programs. Understand that NIL has changed things and the use of the transfer portal is undeniably impressive but we need to see improvement recruiting our own guys.

Count me in the group that’s concerned about our high school recruiting. Especially when a lot of us expected that to be a strength for Forbes given his lengthy history at high level programs. Understand that NIL has changed things and the use of the transfer portal is undeniably impressive but we need to see improvement recruiting our own guys.
I'm in this group, too, though do want to caveat the take by saying that the young guys we're getting in the portal are definitely helping us avoid the consequences of our, frankly, bad HS recruiting run. I doubt it stays that way for long, though, seeing as the portal dries up a bit more and more each year.

I think there's a bit of a mismatch between the guys we're identifying and the guys we're recruiting. We're recruiting players who are blowing up so fast that they become top priorities of the schools with deep NIL pockets while leaving players on the table whose stock doesn't fluctuate as much. One guy that comes to mind in 2023 is Michael Nwoko, a local kid who has always been hovering around the top 100, but who, for some unknown reason, we just stopped recruiting. When you place all of your chips on these recruits who are unranked, but sure to jump into the Top-75 when rankings are updated, then you're recruiting against all the blue bloods and NIL-rich schools that are, like you, aware of these developments.

Isn't Miami the school that had a story about a big payment for either its basketball or football players?

Yeah. They have a big-time local lawyer running a huge NIL program.

Back